Index ⇒ Announcements & Rules ⇒ keycaptcha verification on forum should be fixed now.

Contains important and up-to-date information about Legends World. Please read before posting.

Moderator: LW Moderator

keycaptcha verification on forum should be fixed now.

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:08 am

For the past month since we changed our domain to www.legendsworld.net, it seems there was a problem with keycaptcha verification for new forum registrations or authorizing password changes on existing login accounts. We apologize for this, it should be working now.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Re: keycaptcha verification on forum should be fixed now.

Postby annoyment » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:27 pm

Just received me first ever captcha - as a site unblock request (and that itself works just fine, it's just what happens causing it to appear that's the problem; please read on); and all due to encountering the issue (which I dunno if it's from my end, IMO not likely) described below (was thinking of posting onto chat first, but found this dedicated topic, so as to not clog the former :oops: ):
Anyone else here been getting a 406 error after clicking Reply, unable to post anything, let alone an obvious answer, to this specific topic (and ATM, none other; verified by posting gibberish on some other random topic, zero issues there) :?: Apologies in advance for requesting troubleshooting :(
EDIT: Just had 406 again, this time editing this very post; but strangely after said error all me editing effort does come through (and surprisingly, consistently after every 406), whereas in the former case, consistently still nothing :huh:
Last edited by annoyment on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby myloch » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:13 pm

Sometimes I get a random error while sending a reply to a topic but 50% of times I find the reply correctly up and loaded.
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:17 am

I got similar thing yesterday. I was getting a server busy error when trying to edit database and clicked a link several times in a row to try to get it to clear and my i.p. was blocked by server with Honeypot security service that blocks possible hack attempts.
Were you posting a bunch of things in a short period of time maybe?
After solving a captcha, I was able to access site again. But then an hour later, it happened again. Not sure if it's more sensitive now.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby annoyment » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:46 am

Scaryfun wrote:Were you posting a bunch of things in a short period of time maybe?

I got and went through all you've just described, but it was solely for the topic I've linked in my reply above, and solely for attempting to post an answer to said linked topic; none went through (regardless of content; tried the AL URL, random text, even leaving the box blank - nada) and all were followed with the error and eventually with the honeypot block :? So yes, it was in short succession, but only for that topic, and it seems to be the only topic affected with this inability :(
EDIT: just checked - the effect is still ongoing for that topic, but surprisingly editing one's own posts (like this one ATM) now no longer result in errors (also described above), so that's a plus :idea:
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:58 pm

UPDATE: heyyy, the troubling topic is, well, troubling no more, and I'm no longer greeted by errors nor captchas; dunno what fixed it, but :thanks: admins for everything :hi: :wave: :hug:
annoyment

Postby myloch » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:34 am

I am now afflicted too by the dreaded error 406! I really found no ways of adding a new post to this topic.
myloch

Postby annoyment » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:35 am

myloch wrote:I am now afflicted too by the dreaded error 406! I really found no ways of adding a new post to this topic.

For some kinda possibility that something's on the user end: methinks you had one post (almost a week old) after the "TODO" one that you deleted some couple hours ago, and that said deletion might've caused whatever :idea:
Anyhoo, just mashed some keys and posted and deleted that right afterwards (twice); hopefully that worked as a kinda soft-unblock (a user is able to do back-to-back postings without restrictions, regardless of timespan) for all for that topic :!:
Six hours ago I had a "double-login" issue reappear, but only once, with zero issues on all me later logins/sessions up to now; unsure if I'd attribute that occurence (and yours) to server hiccup(s) at that time, but all's well ATM :up:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby myloch » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:06 pm

yeah, I pruned one post but now I can't do anything.

*edit*
Today it worked. :huh:
myloch

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:59 am

I've noticed that the server automatically signs you off if you are inactive for too long. It doesn't give a notification of this though. So, if you submit something and don't know you're no longer signed in, you'll get an error page.
Probably the time for inactivity needs to be increased.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby annoyment » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:34 pm

Just found this out: see the last string in the textbox (topic the issue was found in; image sourced from another topic, but errors out just the same) :?: Try and replicate this behaviour (if you dare, or something) :o
CONSISTENT 406 errors (and honeypot captcha prompts too) on my end; SOLELY because of the word "file" right along with whatever that follows within the parentheses, within the same line (regardless if there's a space of separation or not) :blink:
annoyment

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:55 am

The server rules detected that as a php file() function call. Our webmaster whitelisted that rule now, so it shouldn't happen again.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to Announcements & Rules