Index ⇒ Console FPS Games ⇒ Console section

All topics relating to non-PC first-person shooters go here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Console section

Postby ILikeScaryFun » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:43 pm

Hi guys!!! :hi:

Take a look how would be the console section. :up: :up:

// Edited by ILikeScaryFun: Link is down

The download links don't work, this is only a snapshot. ;)

@ Sandon/Scaryfun (what do you think about?)

The page size is about 13kb, so I think that the console page will fit on 666kb left.

In the 'description' area, I can add the descriptions to the 3D console games, and I can put a 'box cover pic' too.

Sandon/ScaryFun. I would like to be a moderator here. Can you give to me this award. :blush: :unsure:

Come on, guys, I want to help the 3DSL site.

If you decide to give me authority to 3DSL site, I think that you need to meet myself. I can answer all the questions that you ask for me

My sincere thanks and my best regards :up:
Last edited by ILikeScaryFun on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILikeScaryFun
BANNED!

Postby ILoVeScaryFun » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:26 am

man u did a good job there :P
ILoVeScaryFun

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:39 am

Don't know why you started another thread....but see my response in the other one.

Being a "Moderator" is only for the forum - that enables editing, moving or deleting posts. Of course, when you need access to the web host to update the page, I will give it to you my friend.....don't worry. ;)

Just work on the page first and get a few entries done...the most time is taken up in looking up info for games on the web. :)

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby ILikeScaryFun » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:45 am

Don't know why you started another thread....but see my response in the other one.

Because the name of the other thread was "Statistics Thingy" and this thread don't have relationship with "Statistics" or anything else. It's about a console section ;)

Being a "Moderator" is only for the forum - that enables editing, moving or deleting posts.

Yeah, I would like to be a forum "Moderator", but I saw at the "News" page that you will start the testing with the phpBB board.

So, if you don't want to give to me this award, but for example, if you decide to use the new phpBB board at a later time, I would like to be a moderator on the next board (the phpBB board)

But sincerelly, please, please, I would like to be a moderator at this board. I want to have power, and I want to become powerfull.

For the love of God, give me this. Make I feel myself happy and powerfull. :)

But don't worry as I will not delete posts or I will not move posts neither I will make any mistakes. And mainly I will not delete any users or modify passwords.

I only want to help the forum and the site too.

Of course, when you need access to the web host to update the page, I will give it to you my friend.....don't worry. 

Ok, I will thank you considerably if you give to me the access. :) :blush:

Just work on the page first and get a few entries done...the most time is taken up in looking up info for games on the web. 

Ok, not the next weekend, 30-31 october, but on the next following weekend, 6-7 November as will fit all the entries that I have added to the Console page

Some games I will try to find and other (the hard ones) I will upload to Yahoo BriefCases.

Thanx, but my sincere thanx to you, my friend ScaryFun and my best, best regards to you, man!!! :up: :up: :up:
ILikeScaryFun
BANNED!

Postby dead-meat » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:09 am

Guess a console section including GBA roms makes this site more "interesting" for the so called leechers.
I mean those who just want to DL and ... well you know what I mean.

Having NES/SNES/old Sega Systems' roms here would be okay IMHO.
dead-meat

Postby 3DShootMaster » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:05 am

Yes i agree with that point Dead-meat...

It would be great like the mods page for a "bonus".

Good work ILikeScaryfun, keep it on :up:

I think you would be great as a moderator! Just let him be scar :P

Greetz,

3DSM
3DShootMaster

Postby ILikeScaryFun » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:28 pm

As a moderator, I will be more serious in my posts. Thanx Scaryfun :)

And about my photo, I know she is a woman holding a weapon. But I'm a man. Everything ok? I like that photo. And the new forum is very nice

See how much I'm been serious about the consoles games page creation
Here is a compreenhsive list of all 3DSL games that have console ports

I spent and wasted about 7-8 hours on the internet to find info about the console ports of the games.

I will not add the 2004 area and 2005 area. Why?

- Because is not full complete "Upcoming Games" on 2004 and no released games on 2005.
- Because usually waste one year for the company of the game put a console port/version and is a complete lost of time.

I would like to put the descriptions, like these Doom console descriptions

But due the number of the console games found I will not put the descriptions. Is very hard to find the console games descriptions.

And in this week, October 31st sunday, November, 6th, Saturday I'm working on the console page.

Thanx a lot guys, On the next Sunday, November, 7th some games will be available and the console page will be ready to use.
Last edited by ILikeScaryFun on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
ILikeScaryFun
BANNED!

Postby dead-meat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:49 pm

Wow.. nice info you found on those Doom versions!
Would be nice if you could link at least that text file (or the text into html :)) on the console game's entry.
And if you find other infos to this or other games during your researches... could you add them too?
Not into the design but maybe as a single html/txt file just containing that text and nothing else?

anyway, nice work.

greetz
dead-meat :up:
dead-meat

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:33 am

@ILikeScaryFun
You don't have to be "more serious" .....we need people to have fun here, even if they are moderators. :lol:

That's a good collection of info... I wouldn't say those are "wasted" hours either because the results are going to provide information collected nicely for other people to use, which is great! 8)

By the way, I don't know if you used MobyGames, but it's a great source of the different console versions of games.
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/l ... ?o=2a11a14
This page gives all shooter FPS games which you can then check each year and see which are there. Of course, some games always fall through the cracks if they are action-adventures for example so not everything will be covered.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are going to cover...just console games that have PC versions (which you listed) or original console FPS games as well?

If you don't want to put descriptions for these that already have PC versions, that's fine. If they are original console FPS games then it would be good to have them for people to know what the games are. The different boxcovers would be nice but may be too many for every console version of same game (maybe just put the nicer ones).

I think it would be good to ask people for good stable rom sites where these console games are available for download so that all the work doesn't fall on you to collect. Unlike old PC games which are hard to find on the net (which is why 3dsl is so valuable :wink: ), there are already good rom sites out there for all consoles before 3rd generation ones (personally I have collections of C64, NES, SNES Sega Genesis, Gameboy and Nintendo 64) so we don't have to up these ourselves. There are also as well some sites with Sega CD and PS1 isos because the emus are pretty good but not many big stable sites.

Let us know if you need any help too. :)

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby ILikeScaryFun » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:40 am

You don't have to be "more serious" .....we need people to have fun here, even if they are moderators.

Hey man!!! heehehehehehe, I'm having fun again. :lol: Don't worry about it. :up:

That's a good collection of info... I wouldn't say those are "wasted" hours either because the results are going to provide information collected nicely for other people to use, which is great!

Again don't worry about waste of my time. :wink: :up:

Code: Select all
By the way, I don't know if you used MobyGames, but it's a great source of the different console versions of games.

Oops, Scaryfun have revealed my small secret :oops: I knew of the existence of Mobygames site and all searching was made there. :P

This remember the movie "The Sixth Sense" where the boy actor Halley Joel Osment says to Bruce Willys in bed hospital take/scene. :wink:

I'm a bit confused as to what you are going to cover...just console games that have PC versions (which you listed) or original console FPS games as well?

Well, I will cover both, but I don't know what are the original console FPS games. So I need help from the 3DSL Community.

When I finish the page, better I will build twelve (12) pages.

I will use the same standards as the 3DSL site, gray body color, font faces and tables colors will be the same.

1991-1993 to 2003 give eleven (11) pages and a index page, I will not use frames. Example more below.

The user click the "Console" button on the left frame of the site, This will open the Index page with some description and the years.

The guy select a year, this will open (example: 1994console.html) and this page will have access to index page and the others years.

And I will use the same "year buttons" but I will reduce them to fit in the upper part of the page.

Don't worry, this will work and mainly this will not waste disk space.

Better, wait I finish the pages, and you will have a better looking.

If you don't want to put descriptions for these that already have PC versions, that's fine. If they are original console FPS games then it would be good to have them for people to know what the games are.

I would like to put the descriptions but I don't have much time. And repeating, I need help from 3DSL community Specially with the original console FPS games.

The different boxcovers would be nice but may be too many for every console version of same game (maybe just put the nicer ones).

Again, the same sentence metioned before. I need help.

I think that you will have to create a new forum section. For example. "Console games" to discuss only the console games.

I think it would be good to ask people for good stable rom sites where these console games are available for download so that all the work doesn't fall on you to collect.

Again, the same sentence metioned before. And I would like good sites, not sites, like KmzPub.ru, a bad ftp server. I hate KmzPub. :x

Unlike old PC games which are hard to find on the net (which is why 3dsl is so valuable ),

3DSL is a mother for me: :) :lol: :up:

And I don't want to see it dead. I know the existence of 3DSL since January of 2002.

Code: Select all
(personally I have collections of C64, NES, SNES Sega Genesis, Gameboy and Nintendo 64)

I have collections of Atari 2600/5200/7800 (I have played this old video computer system in the 80's. I had one but was damaged)
Sega Master System, Sega Genesis/MegaDrive, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Neo Geo, Amiga.

There are also as well some sites with Sega CD and PS1 isos

I would like to know these sites. :wink:

because the emus are pretty good but not many big stable sites.

Yeah, the PSX and Sega Emus are good, even on not so fast machines, but the sites are not stables.

Let us know if you need any help too.

When I need. I warn to you, guys... 8)

Bye!!!
Last edited by ILikeScaryFun on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILikeScaryFun
BANNED!

Postby AtoMiC_PoTaTo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:25 pm

Hey here's a site with more than 15 000 roms

http:\\www.Gametronik.com

But it's in french.. if you need help for translation just ask...

AtoMiC_PoTaTo
AtoMiC_PoTaTo

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:21 am

Just some info I came across while inspecting your 1993 games.... :arrow:

- the Bram Stoker's Dracula console versions seem to be all platform games judging from the screenshots on Moby Games (maybe the Sega CD was in 3D as it's a more advanced system) so you may want to skip these.

- Doom was out additionally on Nintendo 64, 3DO and MAC (don't know if you want to include this computer's versions).

- Space Hulk was only out on Amiga. the others you listed are for Space Hulk 2

- Wolfenstein 3D was also out on Apple II gs and MAC
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby loki1985 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:15 am

maybe i can help outh with some really hard2get stuff, like wolf3d for Mac & for Acorn :)
loki1985

Postby 3DShootMaster » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:20 pm

Ok,

If I'm right we are only looking for games who are also released on console and pc to??? Or other ones to?
3DShootMaster

Postby loki1985 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:41 pm

i think console-only ones are the more important ones...
when comparing e.g. the PC and PSX versions of doom, there seems not much difference.
but looking at Goldeneye (James Bond: 007) on N64, you see this nice game was never released on another platform than N64...
so i think this one is much more important than N doom clones..
loki1985

Next

Return to Console FPS Games