Index ⇒ Fun & Jokes ⇒ My Brokeback Mountain joke.

Want to share something funny? Post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

My Brokeback Mountain joke.

Postby Old_Schooler » Sat May 17, 2008 8:44 am

Alright, I made this joke a while back and I figured I might try sharing it you to see what your responses to it are like. Hopefully I should at least be able to get a couple of chuckles out of this one.

---
A conservative and an oblivious man walk out of a theater shortly after they finish watching Brokeback Mountain. Feeling curious, the oblivious man asks the conservative about what he thought of the film.

"Why I thought that what they did in the movie was ungodly! I thought it was horrendous! A sin to be sure."

"I beg to differ," replied the oblivious man "sheep herding is a fine occupation."
---
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Postby Scaryfun » Sat May 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Heh. I've met both types...I like oblivious ones more.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Old_Schooler » Sun May 18, 2008 1:15 am

Not sure how long it took me to even think of this joke. At the time I made the joke, Brokeback Mountain was getting quite an amount of controversy involving... well, I'm fairly certain you can figure that part out for yourself if you've ever heard about the film.

Of course, I was surprised to learn that the catalyst for the main storyline happened to be sheep herding. From there, a joke was born in the same way the main character of 2001: A Space Odyssey became a star child.
Old_Schooler
3DSL Moderator

Return to Fun & Jokes