Index ⇒ Broken Downloads ⇒ Keep the Balance! - Missing music audio tracks  Topic is solved

Notify us of broken download links or corrupt uploads. Please be polite; we are a small group and we do this in our free time and it's 100% non-commercial.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Keep the Balance! - Missing music audio tracks

Postby guardsman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi all!

The music audio tracks appear to be missing from the iso demo of "Keep the Balance!" -> http://www.legendsworld.net/adventure/game/3953. When I opened the .cue and .ccd files in Notepad, I did not see any audio track info. The game (I choose the full install) allows the player to adjust the volume of the background music but no music plays even when the music settings are adjusted to the maximum level and the burned CDR is left in the CD drive. Only the sound effects play when the settings for it are adjusted. I know for a fact that the game plays background music directly from the CD as I had a CDR burned copy from many years past (My CDR copy is now totally unreadable which is why I tried the posted iso demo. I also tried the iso demo on TheISOZone but the results were the same:

Code: Select all
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/keep-the-balance-2/

https://firedrop.com/0b4c5eab110195e4

The enclosed .nfo says that the source is the Retail CD. Can someone please create a new CD image from the Retail CD using Alcohol 120% (.mdf and .mds), see whether the audio tracks are included in the resulting image, and if so, then post it? Thanks again!
:huh: :thanks:
guardsman

Re: Keep the Balance! - Missing music audio tracks

Postby Egon68 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 am

The version I uploaded is from year 2005 and there are no audio tracks present. I'll check the FLT scene release later.
Nunc est bibendum!
Egon68

Re: Keep the Balance! - Missing music audio tracks

Postby guardsman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 pm

I believe that the version that was on my CD-R was the early 2000 version burned from a scene release that I DL'ed sometime in 2001 (Not sure if it was the CLS or FLT release. Most likely it was the FLT release since CLS specialized in RIPs that would not have an ISO image (And thus the audio track info would have been lost - You can't "add-on" that info later [Small sized RIPs had their usefulness back before the 'Net really took off and peeps were still using dial-up BBSes] packed inside the separate archive files). I think that it was stupid (Or lazy?) and misleading (To the game's players) of JoWood to leave out the music in their 2005 version and still leave the Music settings slider control intact in their game's GUI. IMHO, that's just sloppy programming/bad quality control on JoWood's part. If you could somehow get a hold of the 2000 FLT release, I think that we would have the ISO with missing audio tracks!
:)
guardsman

Re: Keep the Balance! - Missing music audio tracks  Topic is solved

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:25 am

Egon has uploaded the FLT version with audio tracks, it'll be posted tonight on Adventure Legends regular weekly update. :up:
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to Broken Downloads