Index ⇒ Broken Downloads ⇒ Operation Matriarchy is missing file "rld-opmb.r19"  Topic is solved

Notify us of broken download links or corrupt uploads. Please be polite; we are a small group and we do this in our free time and it's 100% non-commercial.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Operation Matriarchy is missing file "rld-opmb.r19"

Postby ST_1968 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm

I've tried to download Operation Matriarchy via the 4Shared pages linked from your web site, via the link at http://www.legendsworld.net/shooter/game/1733, where it says

"2CD ISO Demo ~1.34GB (upped by Scaryfun) Unofficial Patch
~600MB ( @ devisraad.com)

1 2
"

and all of the files for the game's first CD download fine. However, I can't download the file rld-opmb.r19 for the second CD, as it's not listed on the 4Shared page. the .r19 file is the only one that seems to be missing. Can someone re-upload this file, please?

Your website is really good, by the way. A great resource for first person shooter fans.

[I've edited this post to make it clearer what I meant, sorry]
ST_1968

Re: Operation Matriarchy is missing file "rld-opmb.r19"

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 am

I couldn't get the file off burned cd as it won't read. Does anyone else have that part of Reloaded release?
Else I got ISO image i can repack but without the scene release parts.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Egon68 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 am

I'll upload the file and PM you the link later today.
Nunc est bibendum!
Egon68

Postby ST_1968 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Egon68 wrote:I'll upload the file and PM you the link later today.

Please can you PM me the link too?
ST_1968

Re: Operation Matriarchy is missing file "rld-opmb.r19"  Topic is solved

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:31 am

It's added to site now in same folder as other parts. Thanks to Egon.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby ST_1968 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:41 pm

I've just downloaded it, and everything unzipped and installed as it should, so many thanks to both Scaryfun and Egon68 for the help.

By the way, Scaryfun, I sympathise with you about CD-R/DVD-R problems. They seemed like the ideal backup solution, being cheap, fast, and read-only (so no accidental deletion or damage from viruses), but time has proven that they aren't nearly as reliable as we thought, even when they've been stored away for years in a dry, safe environment.

I don't know what a good, long to very long term solution is. Are Blu-Ray user-writable discs going to be still fully readable in a decade's time, let alone a quarter of a century? External mechanical hard drives seem to be the home users' method of choice (certainly for me), as they offer large capacity, reasonable price, good speed, and seem fairly reliable, but of course they can still break down anytime, don't have a physical write-only switch (why not?), and apparently in time the magnetic charges that make up the data will fade (apparently every few years you're supposed to read and then rewrite all the data on the drive, to re-strengthen the magnetic charges, but I've not met anyone who has actually done this yet). Maybe if the modern industry wasn't so focused on cloud usage, then there would be a modern disc backup system with larger capacities than Blu-Ray and that was designed with very long term reliablity of the discs in mind.

Maybe when SSD hard drives meet and then exceed mechanical hard drives' value for money, then we'll be using those for backup. I don't know what the reliable lifetime of a good, seldom used, SSD drive would be, but since there are no moving parts and less heat build up, then it should be much longer.
ST_1968

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:03 am

Yeah, I've moved on to hard-drive backups...always try to keep a second copy of all files as eventually one will fail.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to Broken Downloads