Index ⇒ Broken Downloads ⇒ Sierra games Codename Iceman, King's Quest & QFG Collections  Topic is solved

Notify us of broken download links or corrupt uploads. Please be polite; we are a small group and we do this in our free time and it's 100% non-commercial.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Sierra games Codename Iceman, King's Quest & QFG Collections

Postby Kroagnon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:20 am

I'm thrilled to have found this site as I've been wanting floppy images (not just "rips") to replace my real disks for ages!

However, the following downloads don't seem to be working:
Codename ICEMAN 4x720kb floppies (Mega decryption key not accepted) Fixed!
Quest for Glory Anthology CD (4Shared "file not found" message)

Note: I personally own the QFG Anthology if the original upload is unavailable and am happy to image it if need be. I'm also happy to share any other titles I have that aren't here.

EDIT: sorry, solved the issue with the cloudmail links, it was a "no javascript" warning!
Last edited by Kroagnon on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kroagnon

Re: Non-working Sierra game links

Postby Molitor » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:29 pm

I fixed the Codename iceman link since it is my upload. As for the QFG Anthology, is your version exactly the same as neo-viral's copy? (QFG3 Eng/Fre/Ger/Ita/Spa and QFG4 Eng/Spa)
Feel free to provide us with any title we don't have yet :thanks:
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Molitor for this post
Kroagnon

Re: Sierra games Codename Iceman, King's Quest & QFG Collect

Postby Kroagnon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks heaps! Of all the broken links, I wanted that one the most as floppy images are much rarer than CD ones! :)

KQ Mask of Eternity is also "file not found" on 4shared. :(

I also can't seem to unpack the Manhunter 1 crack (which I'm very interested in for historical purposes)... the password given doesn't work for me! Do you mind checking it please?

I'd assume my QFG Collection Series is the same, but I'm not sure how I can be certain? Happy to image and send it if you want to check? It is multi-lingual, as far as I remember, but will double-check first.

I'm only brand new here, so don't know the procedure to offer and provide things, but I'd be very happy to help if/how I can to preserve things as close to original as possible. Same goes for manual scans, etc. Is there a place here on the forums to better discuss that? Really appreciate finding this place and would love to "give back" something to say thanks! :)

PS I see you don't have Manhunter 1 as a 3.5" (720) floppy image. I own those original disks, but currently have no way to image them. Might have to buy a USB floppy drive or reinstall my old internal one... fingers crossed the disks are readable still!
Kroagnon

Re: Sierra games Codename Iceman, King's Quest & QFG Collect

Postby Molitor » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 pm

You're welcome! It seems that some of neo_viral's uploads have been deleted recently (likely due to inactivity), so the the KFG anthology and KQ8 went MIA along with a few others.
The Manhunter crack password is actually hunt88_legends. Long story short, there were are versions of these cracks; the original uploader often uploaded different versions with a new password each time; the MH crack present on the site is a reupload of an earlier version, while the password indicated on the download page is that of a newer version. I don't know if there is any difference between the two though. I edited the download page with the correct password - if you encounter any other upload with a password that doesn't match, please do report them, thanks!

I checked the CD image included in neo_viral's now dead upload, it seems that there is one folder per game and per language - you can compare with your version:
(I didn't screenshot all the content, there are many more files)

I could just reupload it as-is, however this is obviously a homemade image - as we can see by the folder timestamps, and by the "Extras" folder which contains some manuals and a copy of Dosbox. The game files in themselves are fine, but the folder dates make me think that the content of the CD has been copied and then rebuilt as a .iso file. If you could send us a 1:1 copy of your original disc, it would be very nice to replace this homemade image with yours - and since the content of the Extras folder, although anachronistic for a 1997 compilation, is still handy to have, we could provide it as a separate download :wink:

Basically, all you need to do is to create a copy of your CD using any worthy CD imaging software, pack it, upload it and send us the link. I doubt the QFG anthology comes with a complex copy protection, or any protection at all, so a bin/cue or CloneCD image would suffice. I gathered a few general tips on providing us titles in this thread, let us know if you need any help on the subject, there or in the General Discussion sub forum. Thanks in advance for your contribution :up:
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Molitor for this post
Kroagnon

Re: Sierra games Codename Iceman, King's Quest & QFG Collect  Topic is solved

Postby Scaryfun » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am

Egon68 upped a Quest For Glory Anthology replacement.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

The following user would like to thank Scaryfun for this post
Kroagnon

Return to Broken Downloads