Index ⇒ Broken Downloads ⇒ Tsuki-Bako disk file (.img)  Topic is solved

Notify us of broken download links or corrupt uploads. Please be polite; we are a small group and we do this in our free time and it's 100% non-commercial.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Tsuki-Bako disk file (.img)

Postby Ayunu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded the game package Tsuki-Bako from this link : http://www.legendsworld.net/site/downlo ... 3#Download.

Download went well, but then when trying to mount the .IMG file from the "Tsukihime" folder, I get an error message stating that it's impossible to mount the file since it was damaged.

I don't think something went wrong during the download, could someone take a look at it please ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Ayunu

Re: Tsuki-Bako disk file (.img)  Topic is solved

Postby snowgoose » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:51 am

There's actually nothing wrong with the file. It's just that for whatever reason, Windows 10 wouldn't mount the file correctly, and Virtual CloneDrive would only mount it as an audio file. What actually DOES work for this is Daemon Tools, but since the Windows 10 version for that is kind of eh....you either have to use the new Daemon and bear with the malware, or use an older version of Daemon Tools on an older version of Windows.

Or do what I did and make a Windows XP machine+older version of Daemon Tools to mount it on. Or!

https://mega.nz/#!igxk1QxC!lBN_FjKr-sL8 ... NabuT6L250

Download this extracted version I made, and play from there. It was made from a Windows XP install, with Japanese locale on. Should be clean virus-wise, since I made a new virtual machine just for this. Mount the .ccd file you downloaded from the site for ingame music, and then click on 月姫.exe

All the other discs in TsukiBako works fine, so this is just that version of Tsukihime.

It's not a real replacement for a disc image that'll read natively in modern Windows, but it'll do in a pinch. I tested this on my Windows 10 Pro.

(I've tried using Daemon Tools to convert it to mdf/mds, but it still wouldn't open in Virtual CloneDrive when I try it.)
snowgoose

The following user would like to thank snowgoose for this post
Ayunu

Re: Tsuki-Bako disk file (.img)

Postby annoyment » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:57 pm

"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Re: Tsuki-Bako disk file (.img)

Postby Ayunu » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:57 pm

:thanks: Thanks for the detailed answer @snowgoose, I'll try it with your extracted version, I hadn't realized it could be Windows's mounting service trolling me.

And @annoyment I swear I'll install it this time, I won't be fooled twice !

Edit : ok, problem solved, thanks for your time !
Ayunu

Return to Broken Downloads