Index ⇒ Introductions & Departures ⇒ Hiya!

Introduce yourself to the forum or let us know if you are leaving.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Hiya!

Postby Carbon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi everyone.

Longtime fan of the site, but never joined out of pure laziness!

Big fan of classic games - new ones as well - but they don't own that sweet spot in me like the classics. I have put together a pretty decent collection over the years; I have been in Korea since the late 90's and games here are much cheaper than in NA or Europe (no copies or pirate stuff either), so my collection keeps growing. My latest prize was a sealed boxed Shadowman and a very rare Korean pc magazine version of Battlezone 2. Cool stuff. Anyone need the first demo of Azrael's Tear? :)

Anyhow, great to finally be a part of the community here. As I said, I am in Korea and can maybe offer some things that are otherwise hard to come by. Hopefully I can do something positive for you guys, who have been of such help to me as a lurker for so long.

Cheers!
Carbon

Re: Hiya!

Postby zobraks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi there, lazy! :hi:
zobraks

Postby Shattered » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 pm

I guess we were all lurkers at one point. Welcome to Legends World.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby GigaWatt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Welcome. Finally, someone from South Korea. As for me, I'm very interested in Korean games. Especially in an old ones.

Do you happen to have Droyian Next, SAF, Black Cats, Cat Cop, Golden Train, Sinbad In The Lost Land, Venice Project?..
This list is sooo long...

First demo of Azrael's Tear? Why not!
Managed to survive several years of war, old-games.ru, but has been killed here without any pity, compassion or mercy.
GigaWatt

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Very nice to have you join us! :D We've added some Korean platformers in the past year which are very cute. Of course, it's hard for English speakers to know of all Korean-only games which won't show up on Google searches. So, any help in finding titles, especially in the 3D shooter and adventure genres, would be greatly appreciated. :welcome:
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Carbon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks guys!

I am pretty fluent in Korean and have already begun the search for the Korean games listed in the "most wanted" section. A cursory search has shown one promising lead for "Golden Train", but that is just a lead. I am on the case anyhow. :)

I have some games already that may be of interest to members, but that will have to wait until later today to get images of the disks, etc ready. The disk with the Azrael's Tear demo (which is not even 6MB) has many cool early demos on it. From one .txt file on the CD:

"Explore The World Of Software
The Global Shareware Experts

Marketed WorldWide By: Rocelco Inc"

"Files.ini":

Albion.......................................Z ALBION.EXE 35 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping exit to DOS and run Albion.exe.....(Blue Byte Software Inc.) Albion is an exciting fantasy adventure built around a carefully crafted, extensively detailed 150,000-word storyline. Albion uses two types of graphical representation. A detailed 2-D display helps you orient yourself when exploring unfamiliar areas and large houses. When the action gets particularly exciting, the view switches to a fluid 3-D display, so you experience places -- such as a dungeon -- through the eyes of the character. Requirements: 486, 8MB RAM, DOS 5.0 or Windows (Windows 95 recommended for Windows operation), 2x CD-ROM, not compatible with built-in laptop displays

Amber: Journeys Beyond (32-bit)..............Z AJBINTER.EXE 20 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run Demo.exe.....(Graphic Simulations Corporation) The Amber: Journeys Beyond demo lets you explore the office of Doctor Roxanne Westbridge, founder and CEO of Bio-PSI technologies. Unravel mysteries hidden within compelling stories of heart-rending tragedy, mind-numbing obsession, and childlike innocence. If you liked Myst, Amber: Journeys Beyond will not disappoint you. Requirements: Windows 95, 16-bit video

Azrael's Tear................................Z ATDEMO.EXE 15 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run Install.bat, then reboot, go to Atdemo directory and run Az.bat.....(Mindscape) Azrael's Tear is a first-person, real-time 3D adventure role-playing game. Features complex interaction and dialog with other characters, as well as high-tension combat and a host of puzzles to solve. Set in a vast underground temple called Aeternis, which is peopled by the mythical Templar knights, desperate ghosts, and mutated dinosaurs. Requirements: 486DX/2 66MHz or better, 8MB or more RAM, Microsoft-compatible mouse. Pentium processor and Sound Blaster-compatible sound card recommended

Bad Mojo.....................................Z BADMOJO.EXE 8 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run Bmdemo.exe. Make sure your display is set to 256 Colors.....(Pulse Entertainment) As bitter, resentful Roger Samms, your loathsome world suddenly becomes hideous when you are mysteriously transformed into a rooster. The back walls and insect traps of a seedy San Francisco bar become your home-and your arch nemeses as you try to escape. Photorealistic imagery, live-action video, and 3-D animation will pull you into the dark, disturbing world of Bad Mojo. Requirements: 486/66, 8MB RAM, mouse, Sound Blaster-compatible sound cards supported, 2X CD-ROM drive, 20MB disk space, Windows 3.1

Diablo.......................................Z DIABLO.EXE 62 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run Diablo.exe.....(Blizzard Entertainment) This game takes you deep into the catacombs of a dark fantasy world. An entire town has vanished and strange creatures roam the countryside. The catacombs beneath the town house dead warriors, and some say the maze leads to the gates of hell. Brave the underworld alone or solve the mystery with the help of your friends in this role-playing game. This fully playable demo includes two levels and also includes support for Battle.net. Warning: this demo is large and will take a great deal of time to download. Requirements: Windows 95/NT 4.0, DirectX, 16MB RAM, SVGA

Elder Scrolls: Arena.........................Z ARENADMO.EXE 4 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping exit to DOS and run Install.exe then run Arena.bat. To make EMS memory, insert line in your config.sys file ( device=c:\emm386.exe ram )..... (Bethesda Softworks) In The Elder Scrolls: Arena, you will confront fearsome adversaries as you make your way to the Staff of Chaos. Battle monsters of the netherworld, using any of 2,500 magical items. Travel the world of Arena, from the fertile fields of Summerset Isle to the frozen mists of Skyrim. Over 8 million square kilometers to explore! Requirements: 8MB RAM, SVGA, DOS 5.x.

Exile II: Crystal Souls......................Z EXIL2V20.EXE 12 Megs 03/10/97 (Spiderweb Software) Version: 2.0 In Exile, you decided whether to escape from the world you found yourself in or to help the people of that world defeat the evil empire. Exile II, "Escape from the Pit," re-introduces you to this fun role-playing fantasy game. Requirements: Windows 3.x and later

Exile: Escape from the Pit...................Z EXILE20.EXE 9 Megs 03/10/97 (Spiderweb Software) Version: 2.0 In Exile you must decide whether to escape from the world you find yourself in or to help the people of that world defeat the evil empire that rules it. This is a fantasy role-playing game where you take part in a group of adventures. You won't become bored by this one anytime soon. Requirements: Windows 3.x and later

Heroes of Might and Magic II.................Z H2DEMO.EXE 44 Megs 03/10/97 (New World Computing Inc.) Having crushed his enemies, consolidated his power base, and eliminated dissent at the end of Heroes of Might and Magic; Lord Ironfist settled down to rule the land of Enroth. After 25 years of peace, the land is again thrust into turmoil. Lord Ironfist is dead and the ensuing struggle for power between his sons, Archibald and Roland, has led to a state of civil war. Players must choose sides and gather their armies as they use all of their strategic and tactical skills to join in the battle for domination over the land. Requirements: Windows 95, DirectX driver 3.0

Lighthouse...................................Z LITEDEMO.EXE 36 Megs 03/10/97 (Sierra) You are frantically summoned to your friend's lighthouse home to babysit his 1-year-old daughter Amanda. When you arrive, your friend is gone--and you see a terrifying, humanoid creature snatch Amanda from her crib, leap into a portal that has opened in the room, and disappear. When you follow, you embark on an adventure in a different world. There you discover various contraptions and vehicles you must learn to use, and a strange adversary that must be overcome as you rescue your friend and his baby. Lighthouse is also Windows compatible.

Neophyte.....................................Z NEOINST.EXE 20 Megs 03/10/97 (Alien Software) Version: 1.0 beta This is an overhead, 16-bit color game with an animation style that resembles Japanese anime. The story begins long ago with Thael, a cool little guy whose village has been totally abused by spiders. Led by the mother of all spiders (a.k.a. the Mutha Spider), these spiders managed to wreak havoc on the village with help from an evil Orc and some annoying little blobs. As Thael, a Neophyte warrior, your job is to save the village from total destruction, find treasures, and win the girl. Requirements: Windows 95, DirectX driver

Obsidian (32-bit)............................Z OBSIDIAN.EXE 35 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run Obsidian demo.exe.....(SegaSoft) You are Lilah. Along with your partner, Max, you have led the Ceres development team. Now, after Ceres has completed a hundred successful days in orbit, it's time for a vacation. Near your campsite, you and Max discover a small, black crystal which begins to grow. In just a few days, it reaches hundreds of feet into the sky. Soon, finding yourself inside the Obsidian monolith, you must leave behind all rational expectation. Nothing behaves according to physical law. But as the story progresses from dream to dream, you realize that Max is in grave danger. And not just Max, but everything you know and love.

Prince of Destruction........................Z POD125.EXE 10 Megs 03/10/97 (BadgerCom Software) Version: 1.25 Since you left Nestaria to seek adventure in the outside world, things have gone amiss. Your job is to set things right, and together with up to three other players--not to mention a host of other characters including brave freedom fighters, a heroic embattled princess, the King of the Elves, and the avaricious Lugo--you can liberate Nestaria from the Prince of Destruction. This role-playing game features real-time arcade action, puzzles, exploration, and complex interaction. As well as being a single-player game, up to four players can work as a team on a network.

Savage ''The Big Hunt''......................Z BIGHUNT.EXE 7 Megs 03/10/97 (Business@Web) The player assumes the role of a lioness in search of food. Use strategy and luck in this multimedia game. Requirements: Windows 95

Tomb Raider:Part 1...........................Z TOMBDEMO.EXE 5 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping exit to DOS and run Setup.exe and Tomb.exe.....(Eidos Interactive Studios) Lara Croft has just returned from a hunting trip in the Himalayas, and she's itching for a new challenge. Luckily she's contacted by Jacqueline Natla, a conniving business woman who convinces Lara to recover a mysterious artifact from a tomb in Peru--but Natla double-crosses her. Lara sets out to discover why and uncovers a mystery that reaches back in time to the treachery that destroyed ancient Atlantis. Enter the Tomb Raider world: 15 massive 3D environments within four lost civilizations, where you must guide Lara as she battles wolves, raptors, crazed monkeys, and more to unfold the mystery of Atlantis.

Tomb Raider:Part 2...........................Z TOMBDEM2.EXE 5 Megs 03/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run Setup.exe and Tomb.exe.....(Eidos Interactive Studios) Lara Croft has just returned from a hunting trip in the Himalayas, and, having just bagged a 12-foot-tall yeti, she's itching for a new challenge. Tomb Raider: City of Vilcabamba Part 2 is the sequel to the first Tomb Raider demo that has already spent weeks on DOWNLOAD.COM's Most Popular list. This demo starts exactly where the first demo left off. In that demo, Lara was able to explore only part of Vilcabamba, a civilization that flourished for hundreds of years in the Peruvian rain forests of South America. Guide Lara through this second half of the lost Incan city while you battle wolves, bats, bears, raptors, and more. Playing both of the Tomb Raider: City of Vilcabamba demos allows you to enjoy the entire City of Vilcabamba level of the game. Requirements: DOS (also Windows 95-compatible)

Fallout......................................Z FALLDEMO.EXE 22 Megs 04/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Exporer and run Falldemo.exe.....(Interplay Productions) Set in the aftermath of a world-wide nuclear war, Fallout will challenge you to survive in an unknown and dangerous world. You will take the role of a Vault dweller, a person who has grown up in a secluded, underground survival vault. Circumstances arise that force you to go Outside--to a strange world 80 years after the end of our modern civilization. It's a world of mutants, radiation, gangs, and violence. Your immediate task is to find a replacement for the broken water purification controller chip. Without that chip, your fellow Vault dwellers are doomed to dehydrate, or to be forced to leave the safety of the Vault for the Outside. Requirements: Pentium 90 or better, Windows 95, DirectX driver, 16MB RAM, 30MB disk space

Yoda Stories.................................Z YODADEMO.EXE 9 Megs 04/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run yodademo.exe.....(LucasArts Entertainment) On distant planet Dagobah the ancient Jedi Master, Yoda, has taken a new student under his wing. To join the elite, Luke Skywalker must endure the most rigorous training. As the player, you are Luke Skywalker. At the start of each game, you must search out Yoda in the swamps of Dagobah and consult with him. He knows where trouble is brewing, and he will devise a test for you. He will also supply the first item you need to get started. Then it's up to you to explore, trade, and fight your way through exotic terrain to meet Yoda's challenge. Reqs: Windows 95

Neverhood (large)............................Z NEVDEMO.EXE 23 Megs 04/10/97 After unzipping go to Windows Explorer and run Nevdemo.exe.....(DreamWorks Interactive) Immerse yourself in a mystery adventure in the very strange, high-tech, hypervirtual, clay-animated world of the Neverhood. Requirements: Pentium 75, Windows 95, 8MB RAM (16MB recommended), SVGA, sound card, DirectX driver

Perfect Weapon...............................Z PWDEMO.EXE 21 Megs 04/10/97 (ASC Games) As Black Hunter, Earth Defense Force's top agent and world champion martial artist, you have been unexpectedly transported into a hostile and mysterious world. Battle monsters and explore the world to discover the conspiracy that selected you. Requirements: Windows 95, DirectX driver

Shivers II:Harvest Souls.....................Z S2DEMOZP.EXE 16 Megs 04/10/97 (Sierra) Welcome to Cyclone, a bizarre little town on the edge of madness in a remote corner of Arizona. It's not quite a ghost town, but hopefully most of the more despicable characters have disappeared. Unfortunately, so have your friends: they've vanished without a trace while their band was making some rock videos. However, still roaming through the empty streets is a masked figure who calls himself Darkcloud. This faceless creature, who preys on everyone's fears, including yours, has been tormenting the town for years. Is this Darkcloud possessed by some evil spirit, or is he one of the desperate townsfolk you come across in your search for your friends? As you hunt for your comrades, you twist and turn through the game, finding clues to their whereabouts almost everywhere, including in rock videos. But beware: Searching for clues may divert your attention from the danger that lurks underfoot.Reqs: Win 3.x/later

So, some neat stuff there.

anyhow, great to be here and I will certainly do my best to get some more Korean-made goodness out there.

One question: I have no place to upload/host this stuff besides my Dropbox, which has limits. Limits which will be quickly consumed by students as my semester begins in March. If anyone has a place where I can upload things, that would probably benefit everyone.

Cheers folks and thanks for the warm welcome.
Carbon

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 pm

You can create a free 15GB account at 4shared.com which is the host we use the most. You only have to login to the account every 6 months to keet it alive. :up:
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

The following user would like to thank Scaryfun for this post
Carbon

Postby Carbon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 am

Ok...I was already a member of 4shared, but wasn't aware of the storage limit. Anyhow, I think this thread is well past an introduction, so I will thank everyone again for the warm welcome and finish by saying that if anyone has anything specific they need for Korea, send along a PM and I will do what I can. Otherwise, I will look for the most wanted and as always, keep looking in the corners for some gold.

:)
Carbon

Postby GigaWatt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 am

Carbon wrote:Ok...I was already a member of 4shared, but wasn't aware of the storage limit. Anyhow, I think this thread is well past an introduction, so I will thank everyone again for the warm welcome and finish by saying that if anyone has anything specific they need for Korea, send along a PM and I will do what I can. Otherwise, I will look for the most wanted and as always, keep looking in the corners for some gold.

:)

In such a case, I'm going to expand the Korean part of Most Wanted list with dozens of rare and hard to find games. I have plenty of those in my personal list, for example: Thal, Lazenca, Quo Vadis, etc.
Managed to survive several years of war, old-games.ru, but has been killed here without any pity, compassion or mercy.
GigaWatt

Return to Introductions & Departures