Index ⇒ Introductions & Departures ⇒ hello

Introduce yourself to the forum or let us know if you are leaving.

Moderator: LW Moderator

hello

Postby freenit » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:32 am

hi to everyone
im new here, i like a lot videogames and i want to know what videogames are legally to download.
i dont want to be a pirate...
what games are freeware or abandonware and is legal to download ???
every game is in the site ???
freenit

Re: hello

Postby zobraks » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:24 am

freenit wrote:hi to everyone

Hi.
freenit wrote:what games are freeware or abandonware and is legal to download ???
Abandonware IS NOT LEGAL. Only freeware is.
But you'll have to find what is freeware here by yourself, it's a long list.
freenit wrote:every game is in the site ???
Most of them.
freenit wrote:i dont want to be a pirate...
You've come to the wrong place then, compadre, it will only make your mouth water.
zobraks

Postby Molitor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:21 am

Let' say that... our goal is to collect every adventure and shooter game before they become too hard to find. Many of the oldest games available here are almost unfindable on the market, even in sites like ebay. We provide downloads for more recent games too (up to 2012) as a measure of precaution because, even though they are currently still being sold and easy to find, they will become at some point hard to find too.
We however don't want to be assimilated to a warez website. We don't get a single penny off our uploads, and we forbid uploading games that are still too recent (only games older than 3 years are allowed here).
We also provide the downloads so the players can try a game before deciding to buy it; hence we mark our uploads as "ISO demo" or "full demo", because we hope our visitors to take them as a demo as long as it's possible, and buy the game if they like it. Some downloaders do, some don't. It's up to you.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby hfric » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:15 pm

We are a directors of a virtual Museum of Digital art .... not buccaneers on high seas
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Shattered » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Welcome to LegendsWorld.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby PixelPolish » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:45 pm

zobraks wrote:Abandonware IS NOT LEGAL. Only freeware is.

This has been disputed for years and it's still considered more of a "grey area". Nobody get's hurt when you download the game, because nobody is making profits from these titles anyway. Well, nobody but scalpers on eBay I guess. I condemn piracy myself, but if a game is no longer being sold in any way, shape or form, I'm perfectly fine with people downloading it if you can't afford to pay an arm and a leg for a second hand copy (if you can even find it).

I really don't understand why companies would not just release these games to the public once they stop selling them. Maybe it's because of the copyright hell when it comes to in-game music, actors portrayed in FMVs, etc. That would also explain why these companies don't go after abandonware websites (unless they will decide to re-release their games on GOG.com for example). As a developer I would personally encourage archiving my game, otherwise it will be lost forever, with the exception of the lucky few who still own the disc - but even then, discs may break.

Also, hello OP ;)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
~George Bernard Shaw

https://www.youtube.com/PixelPolishTV
PixelPolish

Return to Introductions & Departures