Index ⇒ Introductions & Departures ⇒ Hi

Introduce yourself to the forum or let us know if you are leaving.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Hi

Postby TheTMD » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:18 pm

Hi everyone
I'm a big fan of adventures, started playing text adv. on a C64 back in the 80's, and then on a PC (LARRY forever!).
I've started creating a database with MS access, for fun and to understand better the application, that might come in handy at work.
The project started in 200x, but maybe because i always drop what i've started, a serious DB is only born in 2016
I'm trying to collect all the adv that i came across, searching in various sites (Legends World is one of them from when i've met it), in the internet archive (the wayback machine is surely a good thing when searching old sites no more active, or for old files), and only recently i've started to frequent forums, trying to contact other users, or to try to contact the authors of fan games.
And every day i understand that this is a big world of collectors (big and serious, or small and not so serious like me), and that there a lot to search and to find out there.
I try my best to check/find/read all the sites i can, but sometimes the amount of work is so big that I get discouraged, and then I put everything inside the DB and it happens that some games are split or that I find myself with different games associated with the same registry, or that something even disappears in the cauldron of discarded games :o
Nevertheless the database is growing up nicely, also because of the work that other people, like the ones in this forum, do

So, Hi everyone
TheTMD
TheTMD

Re: Hi

Postby Shattered » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:27 pm

Welcome to LegendsWorld.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby zobraks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi there, Leisure Suit! :D
zobraks

Postby Scaryfun » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:03 am

:welcome: to our site. There's plenty of knowledgeable fans of adventures here who can steer you to anything you're looking for. Feel free to ask for any help you need.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby TheTMD » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Thanks to all
I still owe you all a lot, and i think that my debt can only raise :lol:
TheTMD

Return to Introductions & Departures