Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Need help installing game  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Need help installing game

Postby artemis » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

Hi guys,
First of all I am amazed to find such a community. I had never heard of it before but I was so happy to find so many games from my childhood. Thank you for everything that you do.
As for my question, I downloaded two games that I would like to play, but I don't really understand how to install them.
Game 1: http://www.legendsworld.net/site/downlo ... rror=10105 and game 2: http://www.legendsworld.net/site/downlo ... irror=8421

Both folders include files like this:

But I don't understand how to proceed. Extracting the .rar and .r00 etc. folders constantly overrides the ISO and it always ends up giving me an error about the disk image file being corrupted.
I got QuickSFV and it does not give me any errors. (I suppose that is how it should to work?)

If anybody is able to help, I'd be grateful. Thanks.
artemis

Re: Need help installing game  Topic is solved

Postby Scaryfun » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:51 am

Hi, :welcome: to the site. You only have to extract SPHS.rar to get the proper iso....it concatenates the other rar parts (r00,r01,r02...etc) automatically.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

The following user would like to thank Scaryfun for this post
artemis

Re: Need help installing game

Postby artemis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:09 am

Scaryfun wrote:Hi, :welcome: to the site. You only have to extract SPHS.rar to get the proper iso....it concatenates the other rar parts (r00,r01,r02...etc) automatically.

Thank you very much!! It seems I could not mount the ISO without Daemon tools. Yesterday I was trying the install without Daemon, but now I have and so it worked. Apologies for the silly question and thank you for the help!
artemis

Postby artemis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:36 am

If it is okay to ask a followup question, are there any recommended options to get games like this (2000-2005ish) to run in Win10? They both launch - I get a launcher in one game, and the admin prompt in the other - and upon clicking start game/yes, nothing happens. Compatibility options (tried every one of them), running as admin, running in reduced color mode or 640x480 etc. do not help. What should I do?
artemis

Postby annoyment » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 am

Oh blimey, I hope it's not what I think it means - If I can ask, can you run the games' EXEs through ProtectionID, pretty please? :shock:
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby artemis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 am

annoyment wrote:Oh blimey, I hope it's not what I think it means - If I can ask, can you run the games' EXEs through ProtectionID, pretty please? :shock:

Both use Safedisc! That explains it :?
Is there any way to run these, then? I quickly tried on a Win7 virtualbox and one of them just throws errors about the disc missing. Other one launches, but gives me a DirectX related error and closes.
artemis

Postby Shattered » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:26 pm

You can try the Safedisc loader by RELOADED to get it to work:

Code: Select all
https://scenenotice.org/details.php?id=1707

Scroll down and click "Download Notice Universal.Safedisc.and.SafeCast.Loader-RELOADED.rar" to download the file. Open the file and go to the folder \Release\_Release_Loader\, then extract SDLoader.dll and .exe to the game folder. Run SDLoader.exe and select Launcher.exe to start the game.

Tested briefly on Springdale and it seems to work fine (Windows 8.1 64-bit).
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Shattered for this post
artemis, Scaryfun

Postby artemis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:18 am

Shattered wrote:You can try the Safedisc loader by RELOADED to get it to work:

Code: Select all
https://scenenotice.org/details.php?id=1707

Scroll down and click "Download Notice Universal.Safedisc.and.SafeCast.Loader-RELOADED.rar" to download the file. Open the file and go to the folder \Release\_Release_Loader\, then extract SDLoader.dll and .exe to the game folder. Run SDLoader.exe and select Launcher.exe to start the game.

Tested briefly on Springdale and it seems to work fine (Windows 8.1 64-bit).

Thank you for this! Worked like a charm.
However, the other game is protected by Safedisc v2.70.030. With a quick search, I couldn't find a Safedisc cleaner that'd support 2.70. Is there such a thing or am I just out of luck?
artemis

Postby Shattered » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:44 pm

According to my knowledge it doesn't exist. You could try to run the game via a Windows XP environment in VMware.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Shattered for this post
artemis

Postby artemis » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:00 am

Shattered wrote:According to my knowledge it doesn't exist. You could try to run the game via a Windows XP environment in VMware.

Thank you so much for the help! I appreciate it :D
artemis

Return to Games Support