Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ My Guide On Cracking The Planet Crafter

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

My Guide On Cracking The Planet Crafter

Postby Ali Akbar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm

Here is my guide for cracking The Planet Crafter's Assembly-CSharp.dll (credits to Rune & pakrat). I made this because I was going to play this game with my Mother, but when we launched the game the main menu had no text at all. Then I was informed that it was due to something in the Assembly-CSharp.dll, so after using JustAssembly, I figured out what was changed and from then on it was a simple matter of editing the dll myself. I also made the guide in case if the game gets updated and no scene group cracks it and no one else cracks it either. I tried to make it as simple (noob friendly) as possible :)

Note: This is only for the Steam version of The Planet Crafter, the GOG one is DRM free.

Step 1: Download DnSpy (https://github.com/dnSpy/dnSpy/releases/tag/v6.1.8 ) there is no need to download dnSpy-netframework.zip, just get the win64 version.

(Optional, but might come in handy in the future, or for other things): Get JustAssembly from here https://www.telerik.com/try/justassembly it is helpful if you ever want to compare two dlls (example: cracked and uncracked) and find all the differences/changes. This is how I was able to figure out how this game was cracked.
Important: the installer will ask you to create an account, otherwise it won't let you install JustAssembly, just FYI.

Step 2: Extract and launch dnSpy.exe

Step 3: The screen should look like this:

If it is not, then click on file, on the to left, then click "Close all" from the drop-down menu. If that option is greyed out, then no need to do anything, move on to step 4

Step 4: Click on file, and select open (or just press Ctrl+O), then navigate to The Planet Crafter's directory and open it's (uncracked) Assembly-CSharp.dll

Step 5: Once it is open, it should look like this

Click/expand
Assembly-CSharp (0.0.0.0), then do the same for Assembly-CSharp.dll, the end result should be this

Step 6: Click "
SpaceCraft" then a long list of thingies should be revealed

Step 7: In the Assembly Explorer, scroll down until you come across "
SteamRichPresence @02000204" and then click it

Step 8: Right-Click "
Start() : void @06000CC0" and in the drop-down menu select "Edit Method Body"

After you do that, the following screen should show up

Step 9: Right-click on that window, and from the drop-down menu select "Remove All Instructions" and after you do that, click ok

Step 10: Back in the Assembly Explorer, scroll further down until you reach "
UiWindowPause @020002ED"

Then click on it.

Step 11: Right-Click on "
OnFriendInvite() : void @06001343" and in the drop-down menu select "Edit Method Body"

Step 12: Repeat step 9

Step 13: Click on file, on the top left, and in the drop-down menu click "Save All", then click ok

Once it saves, you can close DnSpy, and that is it. You have cracked it. :up: then just use your preferred emulator, I use GoldBerg Emulator for Coop, but the game and possibly coop might work without any emulator, but you need to crack the dll no matter what.
Ali Akbar

Return to Games Support