Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Clock Tower  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Clock Tower  Topic is solved

Postby hgdagon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:46 pm

I tried to run it, but got an error message in Japanese, I don't know what it means, so I'll just attach a screenshot (Game 1, Game2). Both versions exit with this error. I'm running the game directly from the folder. Setup also exits with error without installing (Setup1, Setup2). I'm using AppLocale
Could someone help?

Game1

Game2

Setup1

Setup2
hgdagon

Re: Clock Tower

Postby annoyment » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 am

The screens are dead unfortunately. It seems that the half-baked solution that is AppLocale won't cut it this time (you know, as in what clocks show, get it :P ), as hfric notes that setting the computer's locale to Japanese (via control panel) is a must (played it myself some time ago, fully working, keeping the locale JP at all times, a nasty habit from the past, either way personal experience says that this might be the true cause). Either way get The First Fear for PS1 instead for the most complete experience, even though this port may be a better one (unless if some kind of modding project is in the works that inserts the PS1-exclusive data, but that's unlikely :( ) , for it has (also) been hack-translated a year ago by members of the Don't Cry Jennifer forums :up:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Re: Clock Tower

Postby hfric » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:14 am

Some games just look for the Japan Kanji ... game works under win98 with Japan Kanji ... i mean fonts , keyboard Japan setting, etc... applocate only changes temporally the Locale, but does not add fonts to your system that some games need to run ... like some Russian games ...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Return to Games Support