Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Command and Conquer - Renegade

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Command and Conquer - Renegade

Postby blake » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:21 pm

When I extract the '.exe' in the '.ace' file it asks for other '.ace' files for the extraction, so how would the 'rename.bat' be written so the file are all '.ace'? Since no 'renamer.bat' was included for this game? Oh, for example, the files look like, "C&C+renegade.part02.c00".
blake
Advanced Member

Postby InsaneFury » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:45 pm

Strange, I'd think the .partxx.* part of a filename indicates RAR archives... Unless you obtained ace'd up rar files to distribute them over multiple briefcases, I think you should try to open 'em up with WinRAR.

Anyways, a *.c00 is a valid ace file, but only the second file in the total Ace archive: you're probably missing the first *.ace counterpart in this set, i.e. "C&C+renegade.part02.ace".

Heh, disregard this post if you think it's weird, I'm betting someone who actually uploaded the game might have a better answer. ;)

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby Felix » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:20 pm

when it asked me for the file I just chose the next one... then the next one..then the next one..then the next one..then the next one.... ( you get the idea...)
T E <=block of text
X T
Felix
Addicted Member

Postby blake » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:07 pm

Well, I already tried to go to the next but it still says I need the '.ace' for the other files.. and I also tried to open up the files with winrar but when it opens its asking for an extraction to make a '.rar' file.. so, is there a way to make a 'rename.bat' for it to go through numbers without making a '.bat' for every file? Since in the properties of the files it names it seperatly, for example, "C&C+renegade.part02.c00>Properties>"Type: C00 File".
blake
Advanced Member

Postby stwin4 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:50 am

I just downed all the files also and when I extracted them it said the same thing to me.If you switch the seek thingy to all files instead of the ".c00 or .c01" files then it displays all of the files in order and you just pick the next one in line.The only thing is you have to do it for every file as it extracts which is a pain in the *ss but the game is worth it.Iguess whoever uploaded it didnt catch how this game extracts because it could be a lot simpler to (like many of the great games here)click on the .rar file and let it do its thing.Hope this helps :D
stwin4

Return to Games Support