Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ RTZ and POTHEAD

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

RTZ and POTHEAD

Postby viltowers » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 pm

I guess I'm the only one having troubles with these games. First off, I am using Win95 in VMWare, the Return To Zork title installs but there is no way to install the Reel Magic player...I have tried everything, now it just crashes, I wanted to take advantage of playing this with all these great additions but it doesn't work. Please Help.

Second, the rar file for POTHEAD unzipped fine and says it is an ISO with over 500mb, but when you insert the ISO file into the virtual player, it comes out as CD but when you open it it says it is empty. What is going on? Thanks.
viltowers

Re: RTZ and POTHEAD

Postby Meddle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Reel Magic version needs the actual "Reel Magic" hardware to work and as such is just a collector's item unless you are an owner of said hardware.

As for POTHEAD, I don't know right off the bat. Perhaps someone else has an answer.
Meddle

Re: RTZ and POTHEAD

Postby viltowers » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:43 am

To get the files for POTHEAD you need to mount the ISO in Daemon Tools and they will appear. Then copy the files to a disc and then play through Win 3.1 or Win 95.

As for Return To Zork Reel Magic version, can someone do a self contained version of it. It seems to be very difficult to install the Reel Magic files. Thanks.
viltowers

Return to Games Support