Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Blood2 graphix problems

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Blood2 graphix problems

Postby cyberlust » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:15 pm

Hey, I downloaded the blood2 full demo the other day and I was super-happy to find it here, and it runs fine and thats cool, but I have my own personal issues and I was wondering if anyone knew how to solve em.

My home system is a junk-box (for the lack of swearing)

P-II Celeron 366 (o/c'd to 492)
512Mb 133mhz SDRAM
Nvidia GeForce 4000 128Mb DDR ram
40gb HD
aureal sound

anyway.. When I try to run the game in Hardware (d3d.ren) everything looks awesome except caleb is invisible and all moving creatures flicker at a distance and are invisible up close. this goes for any items and so forth. So I realize this has something to do with my rendering, and if it was in reverse (things dissappeared at a distance I wouldnt bitch so much, but its hard to kill things you cant see or get items that are invisible...

any ideas?

oh.. and if I run in soft.ren, it looks like shit, the sound has massive echos and about every 10 mins the game crashes with an MFC error.

I have a dual-boot OS (windows XP SP2 and Win98SE) these errors occur on both OSes except the soft.ren runs better in Win98SE.

I would really appreciate any help
-= Cyberlust =-
cyberlust

Postby dead-meat » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:19 pm

Hmm.. I don't know that error from playing it on Windows 98 myself, but Windows XP.

Took a long time for me to realize applying the latest update solved all my problems. The game's running just fine using that update. Worked on many machines already.

So go check it out :)
dead-meat

Postby cyberlust » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:21 pm

doesnt that demo already HAVE 2.1 installed on it?

I will go download the update, but I thought the demo had it already installed, I know it is AT LEAST updated to 2.0
-= Cyberlust =-
cyberlust

Return to Games Support