Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Need help with Chameleon crck  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Need help with Chameleon crck

Postby hfric » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:38 pm

As you know Chameleon is a SFv3 game and a real proper crack is none to be found for the Original version that i have ... the Polish one on 3CDs ... the Czech one and Russian where Cover disc-ed on some Game computer magazines with an unprotected exe

Some will say
"This will be a easy one , you only need help to enclose those DTA files to point to the right language pack" , but thats not the case... there is a working crack BUT it looks for the ENGLISH folder in the tables.dta ... well its not a crack but those unprotected files from no-drm DVD versions
Code: Select all
http://gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_chameleon.shtml?nf=1

But this tables.dta file is NOT in the Polish version ... heck is a totally different version

Some will say "hey no biggie get the DVD Russian version" ... got those ... yeah, there where Two ... one was 3 CDs the other 1 DVD (Russian Store version)

But I dont speak Russian ... and they translated/dubbed the whole game but i want to play this game again ... in WIn10

so got the idea to copy the movies that where English from the Polish version and the Setup (thats also eng) and those txt langugae pack to the Russian unprotected version and the sound.dta ... or the other way around - find a way to make this exe work for the PL version that is english and polish

Looked around and found this game is made with mafia engine ... found an decryptor for DTA files
http://forum.xentax.com/blog/?p=583

(as a bonus for other games extensions also forum.xentax.com/blog/?page_id=442 a rippers heaven )

decrypted all files ... and found no tables.dta ... great ...

all hope was lost ... then suddenly someone played the game in English in WIN10 .. on YT ... i was like DA F.U.C.K ... ask her about it ... and was pointed to
http://www.moddb.com/mods/chameleon-english-translation/downloads/chameleon-english-translation-patch

and install instructions ... for the DVD unprotected Russian version to English ... it would have been OK for me ...

This was me from 5 months AGO... that found a solution to make this game work ... not the version i wanted but well ....game now works in WIN10 in a language i understand... but no we are HERE

My friend from work does not know English and he is on Win10 , and its nagging me about this... Ja cie kurwa mać pierdziele :lol: he can play Korean RPGs and it does not bother him, but when he plays something English he needs a PL version... ok ,so need help into finding the polish language files inside the POLISH VERSION or making the non-drm exe work for the Polish version ... or a large baseball bat to force him to learn English ....

that all :lol:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
alecanto, RhymeKidder

Re: Need help with Chameleon crck

Postby mr.editor » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:07 pm

I remember Chameleon. I was actually quite surprised it didn't get English version as Mafia engine was able to make quite nice graphics in its day and the studio had contacts. And I was also quite sad it didn't get eng version, as I wanted to play it. I think my old friend even tried some version and said its quite ok.

Regarding your help request - sorry, I can't help you directly but I can throw out an idea what one isozone user did with StarForced Shade Wrath of Angels. I was looking crack for latest version 1.2, even asked it here, but found solution quite accidentally and luckily from isozone. The crack had readme file with it where is written how he found a workaround. I copy it here so maybe the trick can be used on other games to help cracking, maybe even Chameleon?

before patch the game you must go to the shade folder and open with 7zip data00.res file
inside of data00.res you will see folders and files select all and drag and drop in shade folder then
delete data00.res after that install my patch and enjoy
-Draxxen89 1042 am october 31 2015
thanks to varettaja for SWOA 1.0 us version and all the goodies :)
uploaded to theisozone.com by Draxxen89
mr.editor

Postby hfric » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:28 pm

well the thing is there is this custom patch for the DVD version ... ok it works ... but when you add few extra files more from the polish one (sound.dta , video folder)... you get a full 99% English version ... this 1% are those missing Tablet.dta files , that have pictures that where translated to Russian ... the polish version has everything in ENGLISH but only the subs are Polish ...

i will explain it more, this game uses the same engine they used for Mafia and Hidden & Dangerous 2 ... even got the decryption keys
http://www.rprclan.com/wiki/index.php?title=DTA

the thing is the Polish version has those Tablet.dta inside something ... then the Russian that has it as ... ha , now i get IT ... Tablet.dta its a work around , a language patch to make this game Russian ... the trouble is the NONE DRM exe depends on this Tablet.dta as a Translator patch ... when the original game does not... meaning those files are somewhere inside other files... double compressed/merged

The thing is i need someone to compare those two ... remove the language dependency Russian pack Tablet.dta and use those original English files that are inside somewhere ...

i would even would be willing to buy this no drm version again from https://store.bistudio.com/category/back-catalogue , they have now a sale for all their games for 1euro that is 0,92$ ... but its nowhere to be found
hfric
3DSL Moderator

RhymeKidder

Postby hfric » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:56 pm

HIDE: ON
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message
99%
hfric
3DSL Moderator

RhymeKidder

Postby mr.editor » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:49 pm

hfric wrote:buy this no drm version again from https://store.bistudio.com/category/back-catalogue

Unfortunately Chameleon was made by different company and I suppose 2K should own the rights (as Illusion Softworks was bought by 2K)?

Maybe someone from here can help you? After all, 10 years have passed and maybe they want to see their creation finally get wider traction?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/chameleon/credits

Or maybe to ask help from 2K Czech?
mr.editor

Postby hfric » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:18 pm

The studio was Closed Down in 2005 ... know about that but still 2K Play publishes theirs finished games ... its like 2Pac albums ... he dies but still makes music :lol:

dunno why it was not re-released by other companies , its a FANTASTIC GAME ... it was 10x better then Hitman 3 Contracts ... graphics where dated in 2005 but you dont play games for those

at lest now you guys have a fully working drm-less version ... just get the polish , get the Russian unprotected exe from the GCW , copy it over , the get my updated version of the 1.3 eng patch ... made to 1.4 and you have a fully 99% Eng (VO+Subs+Movies) win10 DRM free version ... this 1% are the objective screen maps and some pictures are still Russian ... dunno where those files are inside the game , nor where are those Polish/English files that are used by default if you dont have the Tablet.dta (Russian patch) dependence
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby mr.editor » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Yes, Silver Wish Games was closed, but 2K Czech is still operating and probably owns the assets. Silver Wish Games was a division of Illusion Softworks, which is now 2K Czech.

What I also meant was to contact directly with guys who made the game, like "Lead Programmer Ľubomír Dekan". They may be able to answer.

Only 1% to go... I really hope you can find the solution. :)
mr.editor

Wrong Chameleon crk on site?

Postby annoyment » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:49 pm

I still don't get it, putting all the files from the fixed EXE archive (zog_Cham) onto a fresh install (PL) still nags for StarForce (and it did apply, the uninstall prompt says so in RU). That was even stated not working in a NFOHump thread. Maybe CZ BETA NoCD should be attempted with (stated that it may work in the same thread)? IDK, PLS hjaelp :(
Windows is shutting down
Last edited by annoyment on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby hfric » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:25 pm

and yet it works on my side and for many other peoples ...
install game ,
get the crack that are the NO-DRM exes from the russian DVD and copy it over
then decompress and copy the 1.4 patch i made ... that has files that are needed for the russian no drm exe
and the game works fine ...
:huh: dunno the only thing now would be uploading the russian DVD that i have ... but the vid up there shows it works with the Polish CDs ....
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby annoyment » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 pm

Okay, fixed it myself. Due to vagueness of hfric's instructions I'll post mine here, step-by-step, foolproof, et cetera:

1. Install Chameleon (if the release is Russian, no matter what type, skip to step 4)
2. Apply the Czech NoCD files first (grab off GameCopyWorld) to the game's installation folder (and stay there)
3. Then apply the Russian DRM-free files (makes the game playable and "patchable")
4. Apply the supplied mod in its entirety (unless the release used is Polish, in which case one should skip sounds.dta, due to being identical in content, English audio and everything)
5. Refer to the images regarding the game's preferences*
6. Have fun (I know I will, got me hooked :D )

The mod works how it's supposed to, apart from Polish maps and loading screens, garbled credits and some weapons' info, and subtitle mismatches, but nothing that some elbow-grease can't handle :cool: Thanks for the hard work mate :)
Also is that David Hayter under a pseudonym as a main character? That'd be rad... and sad :cry:
*BTW the setup reference images are missing ATM :|
Windows is shutting down
Last edited by annoyment on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
RhymeKidder

Postby annoyment » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:45 pm

Ah crap, haven't seen these new replies before posting, 'cause Opera Mini, oh well, wrote something that can't fail now :D Thanks yet again...
EDIT: Here's the revised English reference Setup screen by yours truly, which includes every line within (might try ResHack later :) ):
Last edited by annoyment on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:00 am

Just checked your vid, after doing what I did (as noted in my instructions above) it works just as shown, with any foreign language displayed is that of the release installed (mine is Polish, as also noted). So it was only a matter of correct NoCD usage. The issue is considered resolved (for the English mod usage, at least), you can remove the vid now :P
The only remaining labor for this game is regarding the proper NoCDs and the English mod brush-up :D
Also sorry for triple-posting :lol:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:52 pm

Results! ProtectionID got me eight files protected with SF v3.06.010.006 (on PL release): binkw32.dll (no wonder Russian crk failed, this was missing), Chameleon.exe, Game.dll, JM_gamemenu.dll, LS3DF.dll, ogg.dll, vorbis.dll & vorbisfile.dll!
Replaced them with RU files + hfric's dump and it works - until the main menu due to something. Which is a missing file, and it's dta/tables.dta (read: the game's text language, the garbled credits back it up)! Guess where that is - SFFS contained in protect0.dat! :x
Thus concluding that overwriting the SF "damaged" files with unprotected RU ones + adding whatever contained in that crap will make the game proper DRM-free!
And as usual, replacing the .dta with an entire folder makes the game run from the latter (a clever workaround made by Silver Wish and exploited by Russkies)! Hopefully true PL & CZ crks will be available one day :)
Also, found a DTA packer, useful for cleanliness sake!
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:53 pm

This post exists to clarify and provide a reliable end-result for the sake of not having to plow through the entirety of this thread :)
http://www.4shared.com/archive/5Kp-H2Amba/CHMLNBOTU2CRK.html

NoCD (Beta 2 by yours truly), containing only the unprotected files from the Russian release for purposes of only applying the English or Spanish localization mod as is. For StarForce protected releases one must ALSO apply the SFFS-extracted files by RhymeKidder (Polish) OR my following tables.dta upload (Czech) in conjunction with this archive...
Unlike the previous archives, this is certified to make these releasee DRM-free (will check the Czech one when I can, it's just a matter of grabbing from uloz.to :lol: ), although incomplete, as noted above, look into further posts for resolution :(
Windows is shutting down
Last edited by annoyment on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
ReiKaz, RhymeKidder, Scaryfun

Postby RhymeKidder » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:40 pm

That's weird. gts-chczb vs zog_Cham = same identical builds (dll, exe). Unless they took no-drm Russian build files. ^^

Working on pulling out that file.
RhymeKidder

Next

Return to Games Support