Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Resident evil-3 US files needed - UK version is CUT

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Resident evil-3 US files needed - UK version is CUT

Postby Lifeforce » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:48 am

Hi,

i need your help in fixing my "cut" RE-3 UK version. There´s one dat file (movie clip) i knew allready that is cut:

directory ../zmovie/ins01.dat
can be played within WinDVD or PowerDVD its arround 5mb.

and the other scene is an ingame scene (hunter cuts head of zombie in hospital). Please take a look which of my following dat files is smaller in size (after installation):

Rofs1.dat - 3.295.232 Bytes
Rofs2.dat - 65.536 Bytes
Rofs3.dat - 2.209.792 Bytes
Rofs4.dat - 3.139.584 Bytes
Rofs5.dat - 6.041.600 Bytes
Rofs6.dat - 96.256 Bytes
Rofs7.dat - 36.157.440 Bytes
Rofs8.dat - 139.276.288 Bytes
Rofs9.dat - 10.579.968 Bytes
Rofs10.dat - 5.654.528 Bytes
Rofs11.dat - 4.986.880 Bytes
Rofs12.dat - 10.391.552 Bytes
Rofs13.dat - 10.465.280 Bytes
Rofs14.dat - 23.320.576 Bytes
Rofs15.dat - 73.754.624 Bytes

..hope its not that big 140mb file...

thank you very much for helping!
Lifeforce

Postby Lifeforce » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:39 pm

:D please, could somebody check these files? I did find a blood patch but thats only trying to fix the fighting scenes and not the cut videos and theres nothing to patch anymore... -what a terrible cut :( - .

that really would be very :cool: though
Lifeforce

Postby Xeon » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:21 am

ive checked the first one (ins01.dat), im not exactly an RE nut but where exactly is the removed portion in this scene (this is nemesis killing brad scene, right?)? as for the other files, i dont think it will be easy (if at all possible) and as of the gamefiles seems to be used probably more than once. any methods on how you could check it?

PS, i dont have the rip (i have the CD to begin with), so if theres a method that can possibly be seen during rip installation, i wouldnt know. sorry :x :x
Xeon

Postby Lifeforce » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:56 am

Hi Xeon,

thats really nice of you ;) looking into.

Xeon wrote:ive checked the first one (ins01.dat), im not exactly an RE nut but where exactly is the removed portion in this scene (this is nemesis killing brad scene, right?)?
yeah right. This was the only movie scene which was cut in UK Version. Thats when NEMESIS un-brains brad or something. Actually you´d only see in UK version that NEMESIS grapped brad does something (its not shown) and he fell to ground.

as for the other files, i dont think it will be easy (if at all possible) and as of the gamefiles seems to be used probably more than once. any methods on how you could check it?PS, i dont have the rip (i have the CD to begin with), so if theres a method that can possibly be seen during rip installation, i wouldnt know. okay, i hope its not getting to much into deep trouble figuring that out with this way :( . So could you do a full install and just look of these above files are smaller on size? These are the only files installed containing anything related to ingame movie scenes or level actions. I don´t think that there are many files different, cause they didn´t need to change the language :lol: and resolutions of the games sequences. Actually PAL or NTSC i think doesn´t make any difference for gameplay.

greetings
TheL
Lifeforce

Postby Xeon » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:07 pm

hmmm..as for the movie clip, unfortunately, i think i have the "cut" version as well :| the only thing i saw was when nemesis grabbed brad by the head, the camera shifts above brad's head then the next thing i saw was a tentacle, then he fell. if youre thinking about explicitly shown the head bust then nope, sorry.

as for the files, ill see what i can do though this can take time since the hospital part of the game is almost halfway the game(and the last time i tried, i cant beat nemesis at the church, which must be done before getting to the hospital :x )
Xeon

Postby dead-meat » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:54 pm

Who told you it is censored? I never actually heared of that before. :)
If there's a source, please post a link here as I am sure there are more people interested in that here.

Thanks.
dead-meat

Postby Lifeforce » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:19 pm

Xeon wrote:hmmm..as for the movie clip, unfortunately, i think i have the "cut" version as well :| the only thing i saw was when nemesis grabbed brad by the head, the camera shifts above brad's head then the next thing i saw was a tentacle, then he fell. if youre thinking about explicitly shown the head bust then nope, sorry.

Allright, no problem because if somebody reads through here someday maybe he can fix this mysterious scene....its seems to me its cut in the US version then as well.....woaw.....

as for the files, ill see what i can do though this can take time since the hospital part of the game is almost halfway the game(and the last time i tried, i cant beat nemesis at the church, which must be done before getting to the hospital :x )

it wasn´t meant the way playing the whole game but it seems you like hunting zombies ;) . Isn´t there a way comparing my dat files which can be found in your nemesis main installation directory as well.....please look at the sizes....
Lifeforce

Postby Xeon » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:45 pm

damn, same sizes, all files :| guess we both have the same version. you shouldve told me the size-check earlier cause i forgot about it :P

last resort i could think of though, is for you to post the CRCs of the files.

also, i wouldnt be surprised if the US version will have cuts (if it really had butchered scenes). its been a capcom tradition afterall ;)
Xeon

Postby Lifeforce » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:10 pm

dead-meat wrote:Who told you it is censored? I never actually heared of that before. :)
If there's a source, please post a link here as I am sure there are more people interested in that here.
Thanks.

...well here you go....do you have a babelfish steady or somebody could translate more precisely?

aideron

RE3 ist in dt. geschnitten, graues Blut und wegblinkende Zombies. Die UK ist nahezu uncut, es fehlt eine gaaaaaaanz kurze Szene in einer ingame-Zwischensequenz (Im Krankenhaus, ein Hunter springt auf jemanden zu und haut ihm den Kopf weg. In der UK bleibt der Kopf dran, weiß nicht wie es da mit der US aussieht, in Japan fliegt der Kopf jedenfalls). Die UK ist indiziert. Ich mochte das Game, war actionreich und spaßig, aber von der Story her hat es die Reihe nicht gerade weitergebracht. Nemesis war cool!

http://forum.gamestar.de/gspinboard/arc ... p/t-103025

...something like...a hunter cuts zombie head of and this scene in japanese version...or something....

and some more....
4. Die Videoszene im Krankenhaus wurde entschärft. Hier wird ein Zombie von einem Hunter geköpft, in der tollen deutschen - Version sieht es aus, als ob er einfach nur umgestossen wurde (die englische - Version wurde hier auch geändert).

http://members.fortunecity.de/docpen/re ... rechts.htm
...and another one...the uk version also got modified...

Sorry i don´t have the english link anymore...
greetz
TheL
Lifeforce

Postby Lifeforce » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:18 pm

..i could shoot these "barbarians" between the eyes :x cutting these brilliant games for what? Its really gets x´d-up!

...i think capcom should release a new game sequencel called:
"Killing censorships arround the globe"

i´d love playing that one with full action and satisfaction ;) !
Lifeforce

Postby dead-meat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:22 am

Hm.. for me it looks like only the scene in the hospital was censored. I couldn't find any information about a video scene being cut, censored or modified in any way.

As for the US version, I guess I don't have it. Seems like the FLT release (which I got from some really nice person btw :)) is the UK version.
dead-meat

Postby Lifeforce » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:53 am

dead-meat wrote:Hm.. for me it looks like only the scene in the hospital was censored. I couldn't find any information about a video scene being cut, censored or modified in any way.

:x couldn´t find this damn site anymore....and also couldn´t verify this hospital scene. Loading saved games in xp doesn´t work somehow :x and my dos compatiblie mode is buggy too......holy s......have to fix that first soon.

As for the US version, I guess I don't have it. Seems like the FLT release (which I got from some really nice person btw :)) is the UK version.

Really nice person ;)

...so we´ll stick to this uk one, better than nothing :lol:

greetz
Lifeforce

Postby Xeon » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:59 am

you know, if theres a version that has the censorship disabled, its probably the Japanese version (if theres one for the PC version that is) :P
Xeon

Return to Games Support