Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ The Legend of Nibelungen - No Cutscenes  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

The Legend of Nibelungen - No Cutscenes  Topic is solved

Postby wisnoskij » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Everything seems to be working correctly, except that the game skips past the intro cinematic (and presumably all the other cinematics). There is no warning it is doing so, the game just starts with you in control, looking at youtube there is supposed to be this big cinematic that explains what is going on.

Source: two sided dvd, from this site.
Installed on: Win 7 64x VMware guest.

Looking around in the files, it looks like it uses .CNM files for its cut scenes, if that helps. Do I need quicktime/some old version of quicktime/some alternative to quicktime?

Will try different settings/OSes latter today and post if that fixes the issue.
wisnoskij

Re: The Legend of Nibelungen - No Cutscenes

Postby wisnoskij » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Oh shit, I am an idiot apparently. I just installed it on another VM, and noticed that it gives two shortcuts, Intro and Ring. For some reason the developers wanted a shortcut for starting the game, but skipping the intro cutscene if a new game was run. Don't ask me why, it is not like it runs for anyone continuing an old game or that you cannot skip through it with a few "Esc" presses. And why not name then Ring and No Intro, so that the default one used by first timers is the one with the explanation of what is going on.

So the game works really really well, no configuration settings, it worked perfectly in the newest OS I tried it on 7. I think it needs to be run in Administrator mode, as it was refusing to save my progress the first time I tried.
wisnoskij

Re: The Legend of Nibelungen - No Cutscenes

Postby hfric » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:23 pm

run it in Win98 compatibility and use a app that slows down your CPU with http://www.cpukiller.com/, in some section this game will be too fast ... knew that when i played it on a win7 ... dunno how it works now in win10
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Return to Games Support