Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ How to remove (The Protector) game's Postprocessing effect

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

How to remove (The Protector) game's Postprocessing effect

Postby NATO2000 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:06 am

The full name is [Jonathan Kane: The Protector],

I can see this game is really good at playing,

How ever,the Designers appeared an extremely low-level errors, which are very stupid,totally destroyed this game,that youtube and many BBS users advised others do not to play this game,even some users believed that only God can walkthrough this game.

This error is very simply! This game's picture(image/screen) is too obscure,too fuzzy,too greasy, directly leading to the unclear picture and the disaster of player feeling.

According to my experience, PixelShader or Postprocess Effect may contribute to this devastating problem.

This game's video setting didn't contain the " Postprocess Effect ",but do referred to it

I try to add code "Postprocessing 0" and "postprocess 0" to the "AR.cfg"(this file controls video setting),but didn't work!

this game has many "brother game".like [Sniper: The Manhunter] [Chernobyl Commando] and so on.

both of them are using the same or Improved versions of game engine

This is engine messages:

Welcome to The Protector.
(c) Gingerbread Studios 2008, 2009 - powered by Argentum engine.
> Driver: nvd3dum.dll
> Description: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
PixelShader model 3.0 detected.
Argentum engine out, good bye!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Manhunter.
(c) Silden 2012. Powered by Argon 5 Engine.
> Driver: nvd3dum.dll
> Description: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
CreateDevice OK
TTFont[1] creation failed!
TTFont[2] creation failed!
TTFont[3] creation failed!
PixelShader model 3.0 detected.
NATO2000

Re: How to remove (The Protector) game's Postprocessing effe

Postby stranno » Fri May 13, 2016 9:52 pm

All those games have been developed using the engine by my favourite low-budget studio, Silden Games. They usually include a lot of unnecesary post-processing effects.

http://www.silden.eu/old_games.html

I havent tried The Protector yet, but it looks as cheesy as The Mark, Mortyr series, Chernobyl series, etc.

If The Protector use Direct3D8 or under you can use dgVoodoo to translate it to Direct3D11 with a bunch of new options. If it use Direct3D9+ you can just use SweetFX, Reshade, etc. Not to disable the post-effects but at least to make it brighter.
stranno

The following user would like to thank stranno for this post
NATO2000

Re: How to remove (The Protector) game's Postprocessing effe

Postby NATO2000 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:45 am

stranno wrote:All those games have been developed using the engine by my favourite low-budget studio, Silden Games. They usually include a lot of unnecesary post-processing effects.

http://www.silden.eu/old_games.html

I havent tried The Protector yet, but it looks as cheesy as The Mark, Mortyr series, Chernobyl series, etc.

If The Protector use Direct3D8 or under you can use dgVoodoo to translate it to Direct3D11 with a bunch of new options. If it use Direct3D9+ you can just use SweetFX, Reshade, etc. Not to disable the post-effects but at least to make it brighter.

Can you tell me why did those designers just like using so many unnecessary post-processing effects making so many stupid problems?

and about the protector,I am sure it's a DX9-based game,so I'll try SweetFX. About Reshade,I never use it before,I'll see what I can do in case SweetFX dosen't work well.

do sweetFX is the best tool you think that can solve this problem? can it really have a big effect?

OK, I dowloaded ReShade_1.1.0_with_SweetFX_2.0,and make it work into the game.

this tool generate an excellent effect to the game,but not that good,the game's screen still looks unaccepted.

I already sent 2 e-mails to the publisher and designer for helps, I hope they will give me a better solution,do they?

and the following is my code with sweetFX

I found that, #define sharp_clamp 0.000 to 1,didn't make any effect on protector

#define pattern 2 //[1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define show_sharpen 2 //[0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

those 2 didn't work differently either

LumaSharpen settings /
'-----------------------------------------------------------*/
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 3.00 //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.000 //[0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2 //[1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0 //[0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
//I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 2 //[0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)
NATO2000

Return to Games Support