Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Painful mouse control Conspiracy:Weapons of Mass Destruction

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Painful mouse control Conspiracy:Weapons of Mass Destruction

Postby NATO2000 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:13 am

To the Forum friends:

I have encountered a very classic problem, which in fact a lot of games had ever encountered , especially ones designed for Xbox/PS and be transplanted to the PC, specially those designers who have no experience of developing PC games.

I give this problem a name as "low-speed nouse control failure"and "micro-control failure of mouse"

Yes, there is no official label and naming on this issue.

If you take a look at a game "007 Legends" (11.02.2012 Xbox360/PS3/PC )

you will find a large number of keywords and issues related to the mouse control,mouse problem(https://www.google.com.hk/?gws_rd=ssl#q ... ends+mouse).
this issue, occurring in an early PC game which named "Conspiracy:Weapons game of Mass Destruction"

I think if this problem in this game can be solved, then other games can also have a solution.

In fact ,I guarantee there are over 300 games have the mouse control issue.

Now we check features of this problem:

if a player make a normal movement of camera(eg:just looking around),then the players usually may not feel it(just may not),

but when the players want to aim accurately and ready to shoot,the Player must slow down the moving speed in an instant time,

normally to say, no-matter mouse movement speed is faster or slower, the crossfire on the screen should move,just like the mouse in windows system,

but in this game, when player's mouse moving slowly than a value, though the player is continue moving the mouse, but the crosshair/screen is not moving.

This directly leading to the painful mouse control feeling to the player who want to shoot, if a player can not control the gun,the shooting game is fvck up

this is the "low speed mouse control failure",or "micro control failure of mouse".

in fact, many players have proved that all these issue came out from one place-----the designers use joysticks, Gamepads,controllers,they don't know what the hell is "mouse".

If you play a lot of games (game mount >500), you must have experienced this problem.
If you've played an earlier version of the counter strike, you'll find the problem when you use a sniper rifle to target a very distant target.
If you really don't understand what I'm talking about, download the 007 legend, experience it, or watch the YouTube video of the game, you'll understand.

So here comes the question, how to solve it?

By the way, Conspiracy:Weapons of mass destruction does not generate "low-speed nouse control failure"only,it generate another stupid problems which named "high speed out of control of mouse "

That is to say when the player moves the mouse speed slightly faster, the game camera will total out of control, maybe runing more than 360 degrees
and the FPS was limited to 51,oh yeah ,not 30,not 60, it is 51,51,5-1,important things must be repeated three times !

Conspiracy:Weapons game of Mass Destruction is a very good classic game, but if the mouse problem can not be resolved, he will be destroyed.

No, he has been destroyed,

I just want to save him.

Mod edit: post reformatted; please, there's no need to put the entire text in bold and three different colors.
NATO2000

Re: Painful mouse control Conspiracy:Weapons of Mass Destruc

Postby NATO2000 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:20 am

I have sent an email to Kuju Entertainment :x ,who developed this game,but I am really not sure they will talk to me :cry:
NATO2000

Postby user43687 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:41 am

I recognize this problem, I've managed to use a compatibility flag to fix (some mouse DPI setting in ACT)

Hopefully you can check some more stuff out about that compatibility flag in ACT, to see if you have the same problem.
user43687

Postby NATO2000 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:17 am

UberLamer wrote:I recognize this problem, I've managed to use a compatibility flag to fix (some mouse DPI setting in ACT)

Hopefully you can check some more stuff out about that c, to see if you have the same problem.

Thank you!But what the hell is "a compatibility flag "

and what does " setting in ACT" actually means?

compatibility flag in ACT,I am really confused,this game didn't support altering mouse DPI,we can just increase or decrease the mouse sensitivity,I tried the highest choice, turned out to be useless.

can you explain it more details?
NATO2000

Postby user43687 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:53 am

NATO2000 wrote:
UberLamer wrote:I recognize this problem, I've managed to use a compatibility flag to fix (some mouse DPI setting in ACT)

Hopefully you can check some more stuff out about that c, to see if you have the same problem.

compatibility flag in ACT,I am really confused,this game didn't support altering mouse DPI,we can just increase or decrease the mouse sensitivity,I tried the highest choice, turned out to be useless.

Sorry for being vague, I guess I kind of assumed we're all compatibility geeks here, I've read some mighty impressive explanation and fixes here of various members.

I've lookup up what I exactly mean, I recall a 3d shooter under windows 8, having this odd aim problem, like the mouse went too fast. This problem was resolved using a compatibility flag called "NoDTToDITMouseBatch", for other games, I believe it was a fix for a certain lag.

Here's an example of a reg file containing such fix:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\location\\game\\game.exe"="NoDTToDITMouseBatch"

Perhaps this solution applies to your situation, we can always try! :up:

ACT stands for Application Compatibility Toolkit, it's Microsoft's own large database, which contains for Windows 7 I believe about 700 games!!! It features about 400 compatibility options, really extensive, to benefit most of this, download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=7352 , however, I'm getting old and there's a new, better option for modern systems: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=39982 <- for Win 8 and up. With this you can fiddle a lot to fix certain problems.

http://www.howtogeek.com/175722/how-to- ... ndows-8.1/ <- a tutorial with screenshots about howto apply.

Also be aware of "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", logically this option can result in a oversensitive mouse, though I personally have no experience with this.

Cheers
user43687

Postby NATO2000 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:55 pm

UberLamer wrote:
NATO2000 wrote:

Sorry for being vague, I guess I kind of assumed we're all compatibility geeks here, I've read some mighty impressive explanation and fixes here of various members.

I've lookup up what I exactly mean, I recall a 3d shooter under windows 8, having this odd aim problem, like the mouse went too fast. This problem was resolved using a compatibility flag called "NoDTToDITMouseBatch", for other games, I believe it was a fix for a certain lag.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]

ACT stands for Application Compatibility Toolkit, it's Microsoft's own large database, which contains for Windows 7 I believe about 700 games!!! It features about 400 compatibility options, really extensive, to benefit most of this, download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=7352 , however, I'm getting old and there's a new, better option for modern systems: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=39982 <- for Win 8 and up. With this you can fiddle a lot to fix certain problems.

http://www.howtogeek.com/175722/how-to- ... ndows-8.1/ <- a tutorial with screenshots about howto apply.

Also be aware of "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", logically this option can result in a oversensitive mouse, though I personally have no experience with this.

Cheers

hey,come to see this!

after I posted the last post, I still constantly thinking about this issue, "low speed mouse control failure" is not only happened just in old games, but also in modern games (like 007 legends),

then a few days ago,In a sudden time, I think I figure it out ,I find where the problem is !

This is likely having a relationship with joystick controller's deadzone!

We all know that the joystick controller need deadzone, deadzone function is to make the game overlooked/ignore the slight shaking,

however, mouse and joystick are quite different, a mouse can be operated very precisely , so the mouse can not be with any deadzone ,

And when a game supports both the joystick and the mouse,

And the game didn't distinguish mouse and joystick, individually optimized them , then it will cause the joystick'deadzone been forced to apply to the mouse,

( mouse:get away from me , joystick! joystick:come on,you're using my characters OK? )

So the mouse' slow speed and precise control is filtered out by the game because the deadzone,

This perfectly explains why so many games who transplants from xbox/PS to the PC are all generating the problem of mouse aiming issues

I try to use this idea, using exescope reverse compile game.exe, checking for any parameters associated with the deadzone, but I failed, at least in this game which I temporarily failed.

Each program is different situation.
NATO2000

Postby NATO2000 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:46 am

UberLamer wrote:
NATO2000 wrote:

Cheers

I tried as you said, importing the reg file, no working......(I didn't restart the PC )

I download the ACT,it doesn't contain the code for CWD,and I don't know how use it ,too professional to me
NATO2000

Return to Games Support