Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ PC game Miami Vice is auto-aim game,any MODs to change that?

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

PC game Miami Vice is auto-aim game,any MODs to change that?

Postby NATO2000 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:13 am

this game's screen was so nice than GTA,it shocked me and I fall in love with this game when I first looking at it

then I find that It is even clearer because there is no actual aiming in this game, rather there is a crappy auto-aim system.

[color=#00FFFF]It shocked me in the second time! just like you met a pretty sexual girl,you paid the money and you twos were ready to XXOO then suddenly you find the girl didn't have the hole!

oh ,my god,why so many nice game was ruined by the stupid designers?[/color]
Last edited by NATO2000 on Fri May 20, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATO2000

Re: PC game Miami Vice is auto-aim game,any MODs to change t

Postby Meddle » Fri May 20, 2016 4:20 am

I doubt anyone liked it enough to make mods for it. This game is terrible. It's a licensed title that was also a console port.
Meddle

Postby user43687 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:19 am

You mean that Davilex game? If so, I guess we can mod it :D
user43687

Postby NATO2000 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:42 pm

UberLamer wrote:You mean that Davilex game? If so, I guess we can mod it :D

are you sure our BBS can mod Miami Vice to max payne? :o

http://www.legendsworld.net/shooter/game/1644
NATO2000

Postby user43687 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:15 pm

NATO2000 wrote:

That I do not know, but I do know a lot of other Davilex games. Davilex is a company that is from the country I am, I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of but somewhere I am :lol: the games are simple but a lot of fun. I've recently bought this game for my collection.

There are no Davilex games known to me that were hard to mod, even when I was a lot younger and a LOT dumber.

About models, I don't think we can change models easily, that's usually more tricky and in this case they've probably used their own odd format. Highly likely possible to swap models / textures though.

What do you mean with "BBS" ?

Since I have this game in my collection, I'll see I can disable auto aim somewhere this weekend.
user43687

Postby NATO2000 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:11 pm

UberLamer wrote:
NATO2000 wrote:

That I do not know, but I do know a lot of other Davilex games. Davilex is a company that is from the country I am, I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of but somewhere I am :lol: the games are simple but a lot of fun. I've recently bought this game for my collection.

There are no Davilex games known to me that were hard to mod, even when I was a lot younger and a LOT dumber.

About models, I don't think we can change models easily, that's usually more tricky and in this case they've probably used their own odd format. Highly likely possible to swap models / textures though.

What do you mean with "BBS" ?

Since I have this game in my collection, I'll see I can disable auto aim somewhere this weekend.

you are really good, players like me can only make an easy change to a game,but guys like you is the truly engineer who can really make things right!

about BBS……ah……means "forum" I am sorry~~!
NATO2000

Postby user43687 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:23 pm

LOL! I should've known that BBS means the forum ha! I haven't heard it in quite some time.

I'll have a look and report back here when I know more.
user43687

Postby annoyment » Fri May 20, 2016 4:48 pm

AFAIK the Total Conversion work to MaxED is too much work too late, and the source is too weak on its own to justify all the effort needed for it...
As for Davilex titles themselves, I encountered one, SAS/GIGN/whichever Anti-Terror Force, I couldn't get in its weird-ass container (had to rip its BGM off the PS2 port), just so you know...
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby user43687 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:08 am

annoyment wrote:AFAIK the Total Conversion work to MaxED is too much work too late, and the source is too weak on its own to justify all the effort needed for it...
As for Davilex titles themselves, I encountered one, SAS/GIGN/whichever Anti-Terror Force, I couldn't get in its weird-ass container (had to rip its BGM off the PS2 port), just so you know...
Windows is shutting down

Well, this, exactly.

An AIF file format, I went ahead and assumed it will just be some zlib supported archive but I was wrong!

All I can find out is: "Martin Fuller: Automatically Produced By ALE Editor" is mentioned by entries you can read.

I tried some AIF extractor but it failed, perhaps with DragonUnpacker? But still, it won't be enough to repack the archive.

Furthermore, I remember reading back in the day Davilex obtain TV licenses of Knightrider and Miami Vice, but Miami Vice is a game they did not develop in-house, Atomic Planet Entertainment did the development, and Davilex published the game.

However, I've played the game, and wow, it is crap at best, sorry to say so! Awkward controls, awkward camera, awkward level progression. I've tried to see if some trainer was possible, by hacking the memory we could perhaps disable auto-aim but let me tell you who's you best friend in this game, it's auto-aim! I can't imagine the game being playable without it.

Case closed! Sorry I couldn't bring better news :huh:
user43687

Return to Games Support