Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Morrowind - Could not find movie bethesda logo.bik from CD

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Morrowind - Could not find movie bethesda logo.bik from CD

Postby Fighter4575 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:05 pm

I have just now installed Morrowind, installed the latest patch and the crack (the administator privileges problem) and whenever i try to play the game, the message box says "Could not find bethesda logo.bik from CD. I tried the method Bethesda posted and it didn't work. I think this is happening because it didn't install properly. There are no files in the BookArt, Meshes and Icons folder and there is only 1 file in the Texture folder. Those are the only things where i can prove the installation didn't work properly.

Any solutions?
Fighter4575
Advanced Member

Re: Morrowind - Could not find movie bethesda logo.bik from

Postby Shattered » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:43 pm

There is nothing wrong with your installation. The video files are read from the CD by default. In case you have used the crack copy the Video folder from the CD to the install directory and it should work. Apparently the cracker didn't include this information in the NFO (it is included in the crack NFOs for the expansions).

You could also go for the GOG version of TES3: GOTY edition. It has the base game + expansions in one installation, it's updated to the latest version and doesn't require a crack or CD to play.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby Fighter4575 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Good news - The video problem has been fixed

Bad news - There is now a music error at the title screen (and possibly other problems)

Can the unofficial patches fix this?
Fighter4575
Advanced Member

Postby Shattered » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:01 pm

No problems here. Try the GOG version instead.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby Fighter4575 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Yeah, i think it is best to install the GOG version instead of the CD version because i am pretty sure there would have been 3 more pages of this post if i didn't uninstall the CD version. I don't think these problems will happen with the GOG version and if there will be, i will post them anyway.
Fighter4575
Advanced Member

Return to Games Support