Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ How to extract sounds(such as gunfire) of freedom fighters ?

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

How to extract sounds(such as gunfire) of freedom fighters ?

Postby NATO2000 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:24 pm

I just walkthrough this game, I found that this game had a very useful in game sound resources,such as gun shooting,sound of Plane flying above your head

but unlike some game using non-encryption wav or ogg files,I can't even lock down the file contain the in game sound.

so i need a little help ,thank you!

PS: IN game sound ,not music
NATO2000

Re: How to extract sounds(such as gunfire) of freedom fighte

Postby annoyment » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:01 pm

Almost all their assets are contained in the streams.wav file (models, musics, sfx, et cetera), since the game uses a modified engine from Hitman 2. And that file is, to this day, a b*tch to pry open (since it's IO Interactive proprietary), the best the fanbase has managed is to extract the OST in OGG form (and that's from long time ago, Hitmanforum is dead and IDK how active is Square Enix' one for its older IO titles). Someone made a plugin for Total Commander (which I had no success in operating), and there's also a specialized game extractor (forgot its name) which is no longer updated, and without a crk'd scene release as of yet AFAIK :|
Your best bet is to extract the SFX from the PS2 port of Freedom Fighters (ADPCM Player, Cube Media Player, MFaudio, all a pain to work with to a total n00b, but still manageable) since Sony's formats aren't likely to be fiddled around by third-party developers...
That's all the wisdom I have ATM, good luck mate :up:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby NATO2000 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:17 am

annoyment wrote:Almost all their assets are contained in the streams.wav file (models, musics, sfx, et cetera), since the game uses a modified engine from Hitman 2. And that file is, to this day, a b*tch to pry open (since it's IO Interactive proprietary), the best the fanbase has managed is to extract the OST in OGG form (and that's from long time ago, Hitmanforum is dead and IDK how active is Square Enix' one for its older IO titles). Someone made a plugin for Total Commander (which I had no success in operating), and there's also a specialized game extractor (forgot its name) which is no longer updated, and without a crk'd scene release as of yet AFAIK :|
Your best bet is to extract the SFX from the PS2 port of Freedom Fighters (ADPCM Player, Cube Media Player, MFaudio, all a pain to work with to a total n00b, but still manageable) since Sony's formats aren't likely to be fiddled around by third-party developers...
That's all the wisdom I have ATM, good luck mate :up:
Windows is shutting down

thanks again!
but,Unfortunately, I don't have a PS, I did notice the stream.wav files, right now ,we really don't have any anti-encryption tool for" WAV"file?
NATO2000

Postby annoyment » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:28 am

WAV files are only to be, by standard, audio data in their RAWest form (no compression, using the PCM algorythm, always lossless), and can be opened with every sound processing tool. IO Interactive made a proprietary archive format and changed its extension to WAV for the lulz, and can be opened with, ATM, nothing (only by using searchers and extractors, for example DragonUnpacker, and yet none succeeded viewing the entirety of it)!
As for the PS2 solution, no need for an actual console (nor an emulator), all can be done on a PC, I meant to grab the ISO of the PS2 port (hint: EmuParadise), mount it with Daemon Tools, and scour the files within the disc image using the utility programs mentioned above (they act, on different levels, as searchers, extractors, and converters of audio in Sony ADPCM format, the standard for audio files in PS2 software), these're known of and proven to be reliable for the job (you'll have to mess with frequencies, interleaving, and splitting the audio channels after extraction/conversion, due to the format itself saving all in stereo, excluding basic info on those, but as I said, it's manageable), unlike extractors for PC software. Hopefully some, if not all, confusion is cleared...
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Return to Games Support