Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Wolfschanze 1944: The Final Attempt - Control Remapping

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Wolfschanze 1944: The Final Attempt - Control Remapping

Postby Flaming Skull » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 pm

If anyone knows how to manually edit controls please let us all know! I had a quick look at the files & couldn't find anything I could access/edit.

As an oldschool player I still prefer to use Mouse 2 for the walk forward control as I know many other oldies do. In the game's interface I somehow managed to add Mouse 2 to the walk forward control after fiddling for a while (something I can't do again for some reason) but I couldn't unmap Mouse 2 from alt attack. This results in zooming in every time you move forward. In other words the control mapping is a bit of a mess & is not "fully" customizable from the game interface itself.

As an aside, on the official site the version shown for (now free) download is WOLFSCHANZE_v117B_ENG.exe which looks to be a newer version than that on offer here. No idea what's updated as they still list the newest version elsewhere on the page as v1.16. Didn't bother with this as it says (Required) "Internet connection (for copy protection. and yes torrents will not work...)" and I try & avoid that where possible hehe!
Flaming Skull

Re: Wolfschanze 1944: The Final Attempt - Control Remapping

Postby NATO2000 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:44 am

WOLFSCHANZE_v117B_ENG.exe

It is a really bad game,even using cheat code and you still feel it is no funny

just quit it
NATO2000

Postby annoyment » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:05 am

Too bad, already beat this one. Normal difficulty, default bindings & decreased mouse sensitivity (felt no need for any major perfectionist tweaks, having some random A4 Tech mouse & a POS Compaq laptop, no need to stress out on that area over this game ppl IMO, go with what you have :mrgreen: ), and nearly the best video options. No complaints nor issues except occasionally happening to freeze while loading the main menu, nothing major. Didn't find it much entertaining (more like lulzy due to the dub :lol: ), but what kept me going is having no replay value once beat (along the fact it's a budget title). Was partly hard, even on normal, saved often during these 20 levels of moderate length (with seemingly random & repetitive A2B map design thrown in), pwnt the Führer, game entirely experienced, uninstall :!:
As a time-waster it qualifies and somewhat delivers (BTW skip MP, completely not worth one's time). So y, give it a whirl with as much sessions as needed then trash it, (almost) never to return again, remembering it with little more fondness than frustration (albeit the box' description IS A LIE) :up:
And that's me IMO, blame my attraction to trash on Turksploitation flicks :D
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby yamibito » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:09 am

@ Flaming Skull
You could either use X-Mouse Button Control (https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm) or HydraMouse (http://www.hydramouse.com/) to override any existing mouse bindings...
"Here at least
We shall be free; the Almighty hath not built
Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure; and, in my choice,
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven…"
yamibito

Postby Flaming Skull » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks yamibito, will check those out although I think the main problem is not being able to unmap the default control from mouse 2 properly. I've always had the latest version of GlovePIE ready for problem games too so when I feel inclined to go back & try again with this frustrating title I will! :x I'm a bit of a completist & need to get through this just so I can satisfy that itch lol! The later Wolfschanze game was way better than this bollocks! :lol:
Flaming Skull

Return to Games Support