Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Semi-serious list of wrong dumps

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Semi-serious list of wrong dumps

Postby myloch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm

This was made to track down bad cdrom dumps found by forumers, with a special attention to pre-drm mixed mode cdroms.
Prerequisites for a dump to be classified as bad: blatantly wrong redbook tracks separators (gaps, indexes), partially missing or corrupt audio tracks, unreadable files/damaged sectors, verified custom made dumps...

Final Romance R (loud static noise between audio tracks)
King of fighter 99 evo -japanese- (various weird sound skips during most of tracks) <--- verified being present in the original japanese v1,v2 discs too
Bubble Bobble Hero 2 (last track is corrupt) <--- verified being present in the original disc too, maybe unused ingame
wwf in your house (bad sound quality, static, hiss, pops...) <--- verified being present in the original disc too, unnoticeable ingame for the most part
Mortyr (numerous dumps have missing audio or even garbled/white noised CD audio) <--- Shattered's ISO Demo is the good one
Wipeout ATI Rage (loud static sound on beginning of disc track #2 and final track last part is corrupt with garbled noises). <--- shared proper dump of newer game build

My idea is to cover all game genres, not only adventure or shooters, but please don't ask for dumps

*supposedly bad dump
Last edited by myloch on Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

The following user would like to thank myloch for this post
user43687

Re: Semi-serious list of wrong dumps

Postby annoyment » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 am

Sifted a little through posts in this forum, and here's what I've checked up to now:
The Incredible Machine 3 - me ears say the UL given on necrobump is proper :|
Psychic Force 2012 - since no errors were noted I gave a listen and all seems good (although if ye have time please replace the patch links to the URLs pointed on Wayback Machine, :thanks: in advance) :up:

I'm yet to verify these, noting here so that if anyone else wants as well:
Lander - 'cause hfric & otiscrusher were bickering :lol:
The Humans 3: Evolution Lost in Time - as noted here &
Fighting Force - due to possible re-release screw-up as discussed with this title (and a few others) :huh:

Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby myloch » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am

A new verified wrong dump: Electronic Popple. The dump has spreaded all around but the audio tracks are wrongly "cut" (track2: track 2+first seconds of track3, track3: track 3 except first seconds+first seconds of track4 and so on). I noticed this problem with other games in the past, like another korean game Bubble hero 2. Maybe same dumper with crappy cd reader or software? I suspect use of ecm in the past for data+audio cdroms might have caused that.
A lucky strike once in a while: rodwod dumped his japanese copy of electronic popple and it's a far better dump (good dump here). The old iso was the korean release afaik, the japanese one got a bunch of official wallpapers a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶).
Last edited by myloch on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myloch

Scaryfun

Postby roioros » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:55 pm

I have a version of Electronic Popple called "Gamepia Edition", what version is that?
roioros

Postby myloch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Gamepia edition is the dump available mostly everywhere, it may be korean version I suppose. Only difference I found is lack of japanese language selection in Epsetup.exe (Korean and English) and no wallpapers. Rodwod version is KR-JP-EN.
myloch

Postby roioros » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Ok, thanks for the clarification, then i'm going to try the rodwod version.
roioros

Postby myloch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:40 pm

myloch wrote:Note: I already got a dump of the game but it's far from good: most if not all redbook audio tracks corrupt themselves after first part of the song, I don't know how to explain it with technical terminology but it skips and repeats parts like an old scratched vinyl record

I recently bought 恰哥與肥佬 to have proper audio tracks just to discover my original cdrom is screwed in the same way! :x
myloch

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 am

Argh, sorry to hear. That sucks. :-x
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby BR4ZIL » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:03 pm

The first Mortyr game, numerous dumps have missing audio or even garbled/white noised CD audio.

I believe the isozone and a couple of uploaded ones here have this problem.
BR4ZIL

Postby myloch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Ok I'll add mortyr to the list. Sadly the all new Wipeout ATI Rage dump by TheArcadeStriker suffers of this problem: loud static sound on beginning of track #2 (aka first audio track) and final track last part is corrupt (garbled noises).
myloch

Postby BR4ZIL » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:36 am

myloch wrote:Ok I'll add mortyr to the list. Sadly the all new Wipeout ATI Rage dump by TheArcadeStriker suffers of this problem: loud static sound on beginning of track #2 (aka first audio track) and final track last part is corrupt (garbled noises).

Keep in mind that one of dumps uploaded here on the site is perfect, I just don't remember which one (will check!). I just have 5 different folders with different dumps and have no ideia which is which.
BR4ZIL

Postby BR4ZIL » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 pm

BR4ZIL wrote:
myloch wrote:Ok I'll add mortyr to the list. Sadly the all new Wipeout ATI Rage dump by TheArcadeStriker suffers of this problem: loud static sound on beginning of track #2 (aka first audio track) and final track last part is corrupt (garbled noises).

Keep in mind that one of dumps uploaded here on the site is perfect, I just don't remember which one (will check!). I just have 5 different folders with different dumps and have no ideia which is which.

Shattered's ISO here is the working one. Egon's CloneCD upload has kaput CD audio.

The one from Isozone also has garbled audio (Egon's give me errors when playing the CD audio, Isozone's plays some horrible white noise).

If someone can please double-check, that would be awesome, maybe Egon's still works but my PC is missing somekind of codec or something (his release is diferent from Shattered's, diferent installer and everything).
BR4ZIL

Postby annoyment » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Checking on the rest of me reported stuff:
The Humans 3: Evolution - Lost in Time => Seems that onedarkflame's dump didn't spread beyond that very topic, thus limiting its "contamination" of the interwebs, which is good. What's not good is that Egon's UL (that was shared everywhere) isn't good as well, tracks 7-10 all have beginnings spliced too late (which are present in tracks 6-9 due to being cut a little into the following tracks). Hoping it just needs a simple cue sheet edit rather than a full redump :(
Lander => While Scaryfun's CD UL is NG, both Egon's and old-games.ru dump seem to be good apart from a single tiny chop hearable at the beginnings of tracks 4 & 5, my "money" is on it being a pressing error (the same cue-edit comment goes for this one), and until one gets to the bottom of that I'll say the DVD version is better :mrgreen:
Sonic R => Original Alcohol clone rls with CDDA is on old-games.ru, and it's good (I presume Egon's UL is just as good :) )! :up:
Fighting Force => Egon's dump is best! :up:
Crusaders of Might & Magic => Although it has a little chop @ track02 (also hoping for just a cue-edit, sorry :( ), Egon's dump is better than the one on old-games.ru (which just contains static)! :|
Last Bronx => APFelon's dump on THEiSOZONE is best (although Egon's may be better, haven't checked :lol: )! :up:

Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby myloch » Wed May 30, 2018 12:19 pm

I recently got original disc of bargain version of kof99 evo. Sound skips all over the place like in the existing dump. Compare it with dreamcast disc to understand what I'm talking about. I don't know if the first (more costly) game release had good master or not.

annoyment wrote:Hoping it just needs a simple cue sheet edit rather than a full redump :(
yeah, sometimes a new cuesheet is enough, like bubble hero 2. However you still need to retrieve original media to extract genuine toc file.
myloch

Postby myloch » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:10 pm

After SIX years (LOL) I edited my first post:

1- I removed 恰哥與肥佬, first edition of the game has got proper audio tracks and I have got the disc now! :up: Dumping soon!
2- I edited Kof99 evo, I got a *rare* big box first release and the disc is corrupt too. Taiwanese version is good while all Korean versions are WITHOUT bgm for some reason (reference here).
myloch

Scaryfun

Return to Games Support