Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ NARC,a game with 25FPS limited,how can run it on 60FPS?

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

NARC,a game with 25FPS limited,how can run it on 60FPS?

Postby NATO2000 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm

http://www.legendsworld.net/shooter/game/1671

this game was design on Xbox and be tranfered to window,

the FPS was limited to 25FPS

do we have any ways to run it well?
NATO2000

Re: NARC,a game with 25FPS limited,how can run it on 60FPS?

Postby myloch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:32 pm

It depends on the engine, an hacker like aclair or rhymekidder could do the trick, the problem: there are no active members with proper skills right now as far as I know.
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Postby annoyment » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Game beat, no complaints, no replay value afterwards but was nice while it lasted (even though the final area little seemed to be a stretch) and with pleasant memories... BEYOTCH!!!
FYI the PC port retailed in a pre-1.0 state (still fully playable though, no worries) :lol:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby NATO2000 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:34 am

annoyment wrote:Game beat, no complaints, no replay value afterwards but was nice while it lasted (even though the final area little seemed to be a stretch) and with pleasant memories... BEYOTCH!!!
FYI the PC port retailed in a pre-1.0 state (still fully playable though, no worries) :lol:
Windows is shutting down

what are you talking about ? I didn't get any of it's meaning.

do you have any solutions to run it on 60FPS?

thank you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NATO2000

Postby annoyment » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 am

:lol: Was just talking about my past experience with NARC PC (as in this title, heard of it after having lulzy fun with the arcade original on MAME) and the fact that I never had a technical issue that bothered in my playthrough, thus never looking into that (therefore the previous post containing that instead of the text that follows) :|
Since 25FPS (and also 24FPS film footage) plays well on a 60Hz telly (due to frame multiplication happening doesn't break the illusion of movement, Amyericans figured that out and named it 3:2 pulldown) I don't see why should that bother you as well. FRAPS @ 25, use Vegas (or any random converter) and put the footage on a 60FPS project WITHOUT resampling, and the results are satisfactory, believe me :)
If you still see the idea above as suffering, use DXwnd or 3DAnalyzer (although the latter only has a 100hz mode) to force it TO 30FPS ONLY (the framerate of NTSC console versions, verify by comparing with console YouTube videos if it's accurate enough), dunno if more than that leads to incorrect game speeds :huh:
The best other solution is to use FRAPS, or any other gaming screen recorder, and record it at a desired framerate, hopefully forcing the game to produce more frame footage (or just enforce multiplication, as stated above) instead of speeding things up. And there is one last thing, lulzy but possible, play the game with Windows Media Player opened (worked on Resident Evil 2 :D ), would maybe enforce correct framerate, but may also invoke computer shutdown problems :idea:
TL;DR the PC port is fully playable but technically seems unpolished (as myloch says, it's engine dependent, same thing with both Dead to Rising & KILL.SWITCH), so having it force 60FPS seems an unnecessary overkill to me, thus the IMO being that 30 is much more satisfactory, make up what ye want from this pile of text :P
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby NATO2000 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:29 am

annoyment wrote::lol: Was just talking about my past experience with NARC PC (as in this title, heard of it after having lulzy fun with the arcade original on MAME) and the fact that I never had a technical issue that bothered in my playthrough, thus never looking into that (therefore the previous post containing that instead of the text that follows) :|
Since 25FPS (and also 24FPS film footage) plays well on a 60Hz telly (due to frame multiplication happening doesn't break the illusion of movement, Amyericans figured that out and named it 3:2 pulldown) I don't see why should that bother you as well. FRAPS @ 25, use Vegas (or any random converter) and put the footage on a 60FPS project WITHOUT resampling, and the results are satisfactory, believe me :)

If you still see the idea above as suffering, use DXwnd or 3DAnalyzer (although the latter only has a 100hz mode) to force it TO 30FPS ONLY (the framerate of NTSC console versions, verify by comparing with console YouTube videos if it's accurate enough), dunno if more than that leads to incorrect game speeds :huh:
The best other solution is to use FRAPS, or any other gaming screen recorder, and record it at a desired framerate, hopefully forcing the game to produce more frame footage (or just enforce multiplication, as stated above) instead of speeding things up. And there is one last thing, lulzy but possible, play the game with Windows Media Player opened (worked on Resident Evil 2 :D ), would maybe enforce correct framerate, but may also invoke computer shutdown problems :idea:
TL;DR the PC port is fully playable but technically seems unpolished (as myloch says, it's engine dependent, same thing with both Dead to Rising & KILL.SWITCH), so having it force 60FPS seems an unnecessary overkill to me, thus the IMO being that 30 is much more satisfactory, make up what ye want from this pile of text :P
Windows is shutting down

I believe you are the one who always play games by thecbut not mouse + keyboard,is that right?

indeed the joystick seems never get problems on control games,but for the mouse ,too often.....

thank you so much ,I'll test the method you told me as fast as I can

1, DXwnd or 3DAnalyzer,do they support on modification of NARC?

2, FRAPS, or any other gaming screen recorder, and record it at a desired framerate, hopefully forcing the game to produce more frame footage

wait,use fraps to record@60FPS while playing the game,will improve the game's FPS? I am not understand the this theory

3, play the game with Windows Media Player opened,just open it before playing game?windows XP’s WMP9 can do that?
NATO2000

Postby annoyment » Fri May 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Nope, mouse + keyboard all the time, no gamepads except for consoles, ever...
1. 3D Analyzer (and/or DgVoodoo IIRC) doesn't have much options regarding framerate manipulation, but have been very powerful in other aspects of games' support. OTOH DXwnd (dunno which is better, official or custom build by Old-Games.RU) has a confusing interface but if understood it can be (almost) a master of all trades. There are other tools that work with framerates and CPU cycles but I keep forgetting of 'em, lurk on VOGONS or elsewhere, since NARC has no page on either WSGF or PCGamingWiki...
2. Yes, game recorders (including FRAPS which was known for doing such a thing but is EOL'd :( ) can interact with game engines and force those to the recorder's bidding (in the same manner of VSync being turned off ingame but either the GPU or OS can still force 'cause hierarchy), albeit it must be tested per game, there may be tools that do just that without recording and filling yer HDD space but as said before, :google: & VOGONS are yer friends...
3. Depends if a port of a title is crap enough for the workaround to actually take effect, Resident Evil 2 is old and runs like crap on XP with 20FPS, someone accidentally left WMP open (version doesn't matter) and it has been looked for a while as some kind of a miracle cure for crap ports of older titles. TL;DR just try, if working then yippie, else try something else :|
4. I'll shitpost another possible cause here, see if your monitor's refresh rate is set to 60hz (OS, not game, or maybe even the game, just try both of those as well)...
As usual, verify and modify, and good luck in doing so :(
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby hfric » Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 pm

this game was a crap port ... two cents from me :lol:
and yes it did run in 25 fps :lol:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby annoyment » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:16 pm

NECROBUMP: This title finally received its own PCGW page, and patch(es) linked within it, that unlock widescreen and uncap the framerate :wave:
Though, the latter was recommended not to enable (as the port IS Europe-exclusive, thus having timing code tied to said 25FPS, possibly like Bad Boys 2 alas) - unless one enjoys hard difficulties that is :wink:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
Scaryfun

Return to Games Support