Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ [Unreal engine game]Pariah has a mouse control problem!!!  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

[Unreal engine game]Pariah has a mouse control problem!!!

Postby NATO2000 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:25 am

Pariah has a mouse control problem:

when you look around ,it is OK, but if your crosshair aim on the enemy ,the crosshair will turn to red,and the mouse speed will suddenly slow down.

if you move your crosshair off the enemy,the mouse speed will be back to normal.

it feels like the emeny is a magnet,and the crosshair will stick on them when go pass them

I recognize this problem,it is something about Auto-aim system

obviously,pariah did not fully disable Auto-aim system when users trun it off

this problem make mouse control like shit,you can feel something not right,but you just can't tell

(you can disable it ,but auto-aim system will still try to disturb your mouse control when your crosshair moving pass the target,and then make your crosshair just like an emergency brake,then you try to move your mouse back to normal,but no working,your mouse and crosshair still be forced to move in a very slow speed, because auto aim system didn't want your mouse losing target ,he control the crosshair in order to catch the target,but don't forget that you already disable the auto-aim,so this problem is so complicated to express,but so easy to feel

yes,you may think it is not a big problem,just get used to it,it is ok

but,during the combat,specially for the FPS game, any mouse control problem will cause a great hit to the in game experience

)
Last edited by NATO2000 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NATO2000

Re: [Unreal engine game]Pariah has a mouse control problem!!

Postby NATO2000 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 am

OK,let me explain it again,this problem make you very hard to catch a moving enemy,because the mouse speed(or the crosshair) was forced to be very slow and heavy when aim the enemy

(indeed you can still play the game,you just feel very shit)
NATO2000

Postby annoyment » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:20 am

Beat it very long time ago (1.0, no control tweaks, another straight console port), was very fun (even MP with bots IIRC) but started getting stale slowly after finishing SP. Have you tried solutions on replies of other "goddamn mouse problem" topics? hfric should know more, wait for his reply (link goto his YT video with fix posted in description). Apart from that I don't believe that hacking the Unreal Engine for the function tweak should be difficult, but then again IDK. Play it as is, couldn't bother that much IMO :|
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby NATO2000 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:28 pm

annoyment wrote:Beat it very long time ago (1.0, no control tweaks, another straight console port), was very fun (even MP with bots IIRC) but started getting stale slowly after finishing SP. Have you tried solutions on replies of other "goddamn mouse problem" topics? hfric should know more, wait for his reply (link goto his YT video with fix posted in description). Apart from that I don't believe that hacking the Unreal Engine for the function tweak should be difficult, but then again IDK. Play it as is, couldn't bother that much IMO :|
Windows is shutting down

May be some patch will fix that?

I can guarantee the problem surely exists,but I also know that problem is very shelter.

it is a long combat time until I confirm the problem exists.

I tried to hack .ini files and modified a lot of code, but still no woking
NATO2000

Re: [Unreal engine game]Pariah has a mouse control problem!!  Topic is solved

Postby hfric » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:20 am

its a CPu latency problem that older titles have , many older games running Havoc CPU physics get those ... when they try to run the hitbox detection on a Cpu thats too fast ... slow down it to 1 core and match the recommended speed with a inhibitor
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Utilities/Slo ... ities.html

Changing the hz on your monitor (that controls Vsync) also helps playing older games, that where made with 60hz (or 85hz) in mind of CRTV ... then todays LED UHD with 144hz or 600hz ( like Tvs that you can plug a PC and play games ... or consoles haha but those games only have like 30hz or 60hz )

and you know what , i cannot understand why you have a issue with this (i am also ultra high sensitive to imagery Hz , and can detect fast moving imagery )... the aim reticle is like 5 times bigger then in normal games , its a 4:3 game (go beyond and the videos goes wacky , and physics too when they draw objects you should no see ... even when you go UHD)... its a 2h game

if you want to fix unreal go here : docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Basics/CommandLineArguments/index.html
but what could be fixed was fixed
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
NATO2000

Postby NATO2000 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:11 pm

hfric wrote:its a CPu latency problem that older titles have , many older games running Havoc CPU physics get those ... when they try to run the hitbox detection on a Cpu thats too fast ... slow down it to 1 core and match the recommended speed with a inhibitor
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Utilities/Slo ... ities.html

Changing the hz on your monitor (that controls Vsync) also helps playing older games, that where made with 60hz (or 85hz) in mind of CRTV ... then todays LED UHD with 144hz or 600hz ( like Tvs that you can plug a PC and play games ... or consoles haha but those games only have like 30hz or 60hz )

and you know what , i cannot understand why you have a issue with this (i am also ultra high sensitive to imagery Hz , and can detect fast moving imagery )... the aim reticle is like 5 times bigger then in normal games , its a 4:3 game (go beyond and the videos goes wacky , and physics too when they draw objects you should no see ... even when you go UHD)... its a 2h game

if you want to fix unreal go here : docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Basics/CommandLineArguments/index.html
but what could be fixed was fixed

it is too late I already walkthrough it

and I can tell you,the game indeed have a control problem due to the auto-aim system

(you can disable it ,but auto-aim system will still try to disturb your mouse control when your crosshair moving pass the target,and then your crosshair just like an emergency brake,then you try to move your mouse back to normal,but no working,your mouse and crosshair still be forced to move in a very slow speed, because auto aim system didn't allow you mouse losing target ,he control the crosshair in order to catch the target,but don't forget that you already disable the auto-aim,so this problem is so complicated to express,but so easy to feel )

it is so clearly and easy to catch the problem if you are using mouse

but if you are a joystick player,maybe just ignore my question
NATO2000

Return to Games Support