Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Spec Ops: Rangers Lead the Way,what a terrible game is!

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Spec Ops: Rangers Lead the Way,what a terrible game is!

Postby NATO2000 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:54 pm

what a terrible game is!

when I first saw the screenshots of this game,I thought it was a nice game than Delta force 1

but when I download and intstall it

I just found how terrible is this game

and the most worse thing, a youtube guys tell us do not download any gold and platinum release for this game

but I just downloaded them both!!
NATO2000

Re: Spec Ops: Rangers Lead the Way,what a terrible game is!

Postby user43687 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Hehehe, yes man I remember playing this game because it was advertised as a tactical shooter, back then (and now still) I worshipped Rainbow Six and this was before Ghost Recon so I just had to check ik out.

Video mode support was just awful but eventually managed to get 3dfx working if I recall correctly.

It was just a mess, not clear graphics, I remember the team based stuff did work kind of OK.

However, Spec Ops 2 is way more fun though it has it's ups and downs I guess, the level design isn't great but isn't bad as well.
user43687

Postby NATO2000 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:22 am

UberLamer wrote:Hehehe, yes man I remember playing this game because it was advertised as a tactical shooter, back then (and now still) I worshipped Rainbow Six and this was before Ghost Recon so I just had to check ik out.

Video mode support was just awful but eventually managed to get 3dfx working if I recall correctly.

It was just a mess, not clear graphics, I remember the team based stuff did work kind of OK.

However, Spec Ops 2 is way more fun though it has it's ups and downs I guess, the level design isn't great but isn't bad as well.

can we disable the auto-aim setting?

and I play it though the 7900GTX, there is no crosshair on the screen,even on the sniper mode

I think there is someting wrong with the hardware support
NATO2000

Postby user43687 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:00 pm

I think auto-aim can be disabled in the main menu.

There should be a crosshair for sure! Any software renderer available? They look crap but usually show what to be expected.
user43687

Postby hfric » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:59 pm

NATO2000 wrote:
UberLamer wrote:Hehehe, yes man I remember playing this game because it was advertised as a tactical shooter, back then (and now still) I worshipped Rainbow Six and this was before Ghost Recon so I just had to check ik out.

Nvidia removed 8bit bitmap support from theirs hardware and drivers , fuc.king up a lot of games that used this ... the last Card from theirs that had this feature was Geforce 6600Gt

and about the auto-aim dunno , as this was a PS1 port
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Delacroix » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:09 pm

No it wasn't. None of the PC SpecOps games were PS1 ports. The PS1 had its own original SpecOps installments - three or four in fact.
Delacroix

Postby NATO2000 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:42 am

UberLamer wrote:I think auto-aim can be disabled in the main menu.

There should be a crosshair for sure! Any software renderer available? They look crap but usually show what to be expected.

No,nO,no!

main menu is very simply.......................
NATO2000

Postby NATO2000 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:44 am

hfric wrote:
NATO2000 wrote:

Nvidia removed 8bit bitmap support from theirs hardware and drivers , fuc.king up a lot of games that used this ... the last Card from theirs that had this feature was Geforce 6600Gt

and about the auto-aim dunno , as this was a PS1 port

8bit bitmap,can you explain how 8bit bitmap works in the game?

and you mean 7900GTX will not fully support the spec ops ?
NATO2000

Postby hfric » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Delacroix wrote:No it wasn't. None of the PC SpecOps games were PS1 ports. The PS1 had its own original SpecOps installments - three or four in fact.
ok then , but the publisher suggested this by using promotional things presenting the PS1 version ...

@NATO2000
7900GTX will not fully support this game due to missing 8bit map support , you will miss some visual features ... in some cases the game will not start ... like it was suggested , you should use a 3DFX wrapper to emulate the missing graphic features , like you wrote you miss the Aim reticle
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby NATO2000 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:53 am

hfric wrote:
Delacroix wrote:No it wasn't. None of the PC SpecOps games were PS1 ports. The PS1 had its own original SpecOps installments - three or four in fact.
ok then , but the publisher suggested this by using promotional things presenting the PS1 version ...

@NATO2000
7900GTX will not fully support this game due to missing 8bit map support , you will miss some visual features ... in some cases the game will not start ... like it was suggested , you should use a 3DFX wrapper to emulate the missing graphic features , like you wrote you miss the Aim reticle

I will try nGlide
NATO2000

Postby _Antithesis_ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm

NATO2000 wrote:and the most worse thing, a youtube guy tell us do not download any gold and platinum release for this game

The "YouTube guy" you refer to, Roland (Otherwise known as 'The Examined Life of Gaming'), was wrong on that point, as I recently clarified on the comments of that video a few days ago. He believed the Gold/Platinum versions of the game to not include 3DFX Glide support, which they do. You absolutely want to install the Gold or Platinum version instead of the original version. It has more missions and the ability to customise your loadout.

As for 3DFX Glide support, you can use nGlide or dgVoodoo, as you discovered. Works like a charm for me. I recommend using nGlide, so at least you don't end up stretching the image by forcing it to widescreen, as it has an option to maintain aspect ratio.
_Antithesis_

Return to Games Support