Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ what is the German ISO demo,Korean ISO demo means?

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

what is the German ISO demo,Korean ISO demo means?

Postby NATO2000 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 am

Recently I started a new program that Collecting old games from 1996-2006

I encountered serveral German ISO demo,Russian ISO demo ,italy ISO demo,I think it's means game’s language

So I skipped them

that until I meet this one,I think maybe I was wrong when I check the screen

Axis / Axis Arena,Korean ISO demo,it's screen shows she had an English UI

so,what German ISO demo,Russian ISO demo ,italy ISO demo means???
NATO2000

Re: what is the German ISO demo,Korean ISO demo means?

Postby Delacroix » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:43 am

The main game language is either German, Russian, or Italian. Some UI elements _may_ be in English in Korean games but that doesn't mean the entire game is. It's actually happening in East Asian games from time to time.
Delacroix

Re: what is the German ISO demo,Korean ISO demo means?

Postby annoyment » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:59 am

Simply put it means the ISO demo is that of a localized release for the noted language-based territory & market. But it doesn't have to exclusively mean it's stating the level of localization implemented (usually one needs to install the German ISO demo and see for himself if those krauts have implemented their well-known sterile zero-effort dubbing that they do most of the time :( ). For example it can be a MULTi (multiple languages in a single release), also never being released in an Englisher's market (Rabbids Go Home comes to mind, :thanks: myloch for obtaining the rare German magazine the game was promoted on, due to having MULTi6, but never seeing retail availability). It can also have undeveloped and scrapped MULTi characteristics that a modder needs to hack out and implement (Kao the Kangaroo 3 & Beltion: Beyond Ritual). As said regarding the localization level, the people doing these can do whatever, thus not rarely can English UIs (or whatever quirks left out for the lulz, for example the untranslated swearings to the goverment on the ammo boxes, & other Danish easter eggs in Hitman 2 Silent Assassin) be seen on far-Eastern (or elsewhere) games as a designer choice, while the "gist" of the game is in the language for the given market. But yes, the most usual meaning of those ISO demos is that it contains a game localized to one language and it has been sold to its intended market at the time. All in all don't worry about it, if ye want 'em then obtain 'em, if ye like comparing regional differences and similar stuff then go for it :up:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Return to Games Support