Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ ERAGON display crash  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

ERAGON display crash

Postby wcb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 am

I get a 90 degree counter-clockwise display for this game running on Windows XP SP3, which can't be corrected with 3D-Analyzer or SwiftShader; so I assume it's the upload itself. The in-game resolution small text-area reveals some kind of inappropriate symbol-numeric code I presume shouldn't be there.
A small pop-up window states (after one escapes out) that "The 3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released."
This small pop-up window says this regardless what display adapter I use.
Can this be fixed?
wcb
Advanced Member

Re: ERAGON display crash

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Problem: If you select a resolution in game that your monitor doesn't support the screen goes blank and will not revert back.

Solution: The default Graphics Settings can be restored by simply navigating to the Eragon root directory and deleting the Eragon Configuration Settings file. Upon restarting the game, a new Eragon Configuration Settings file will be created and the user will be able to return to the Graphics Screen to customize their display settings.

Check your system stats against the requirements here - http://www.game-debate.com/games/index. ... ame=Eragon
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

The following user would like to thank Scaryfun for this post
wcb

Re: ERAGON display crash

Postby wcb » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 am

Checked all that; the resolution cannot be adjusted within the game at all to begin with and attempting to adjust the resolution directly from within this ".ini" file results in failure. I just wasn't sure if anyone was aware of similar problems and/or had a fix. My system requirements should be met through 3D-Analyzer or SwiftShader, and I do get a display, it's just that everything is turned counter-clockwise 90 degrees.

I'll keep trying
wcb
Advanced Member

Re: ERAGON display crash  Topic is solved

Postby wcb » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:29 am

Whatever ... I just went and got another PC ...
wcb
Advanced Member

Return to Games Support