Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Hacking ShadowPlay to working with GTX280 and windows XP?  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Hacking ShadowPlay to working with GTX280 and windows XP?

Postby NATO2000 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:47 am

ShadowPlay and the GEF can only working on GTX600+ and windows 7+

But in my view this is a totally lie by the NVIDIA

Now I would like to try make ShadowPlay or the GEF working for GTX200 series and windows XP

but there is few information on google

can some old friends help me ?

Or some one have already tried?

did they success and which version?
NATO2000

Re: Hacking ShadowPlay to working with GTX280 and windows XP  Topic is solved

Postby hfric » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:49 pm

first of ShadowPlay is the Gui ( graphical User interface , aka not the codec that captures the video/pictures)... to capture you are using NVenc codecs from NVidia, that can be used by external programs like Dxtory or Msi Afterburner or any other Video capture program (or Encoders like Avidemux or Staxrip)... you can try to use them ... but , there is a BUT ... in all of this ... (they are pre-installed with Nvidia drivers or can be installed by hand ... google for Staxrip NVenc for more help)
The first problem is Nvenc steals from 256mb (x264 capture) to 500mb (x265 capture only on GTX 10xx cards ) of Vram from your graphic card ... just to capture Video ... it made a quite of controversy, in the world of GPUs , even created a MEME ... know as "Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Controversy" when a 4 gig Vram GPU, only had 3,5 gigs of Vram (those 500mb Vram missing , was used as Video capture memory for NVenc)

To answer your question ... YES you can use NVenc but you will gimp your card ... GTX200 cards had like 800ram or 1gig if i remember correctly ... so on a 1 gig card you will have only 500 vram aviable (or 800 vram) ... that's why GTX600 series are promoted for NVenc ... they are 2 gig cards (later models have 3 gigs) and when you use NVenc you loose 256 vram on those cards ...

For your card its RECOMMENDED to use DXTORY with Xvid avi capture ...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Re: Hacking ShadowPlay to working with GTX280 and windows XP

Postby hfric » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:51 am

or if your on a recent Intel why not use Intel Quick Sync , its Intels way of x264 video capture ...kinda good if you ask me (but not as good as NVenc)
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby NATO2000 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:01 am

hfric wrote:or if your on a recent Intel why not use Intel Quick Sync , its Intels way of x264 video capture ...kinda good if you ask me (but not as good as NVenc)

Since I changed my new laptop

(6700HQ+GTX970M 3G+8G DDR4 +Windows7 (64bit)).

I found that "screen video" became more and more difficult.

FRAPS: file size is too large, no matter what program, only more than 20 frames.

Bandicam: program frame is not affected, the video file is too laggy choppy stutter, looks only 8 frames, no matter how to optimize the bandicam settings(exactly the same setting like before), including the use of Intel quick Sync

FRAPS and bandicam videos are very dark. I don't know why. There may be no gamma correction.

MSI afterburner, working in GTX280+XP is basically normal.

(but it's often BUG, the file is too big).

But MSI afterburner is extremely bad in my new notebook.

(exactly the same setting)

Now, my new notebook can only use GEF video,but there are more work need to be done with the GTX280+XP(many program only work on XP and run great with OLD CARD)

can you help me?
NATO2000

Postby hfric » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:35 pm

what type of things do not work in Win7 ?

The only things that don't work where 8/16 bit stubs ... Dos/Win3.11/Win95/Win98 games but for those you use Vmware ... even 3d aplications
But even of WinXp those did not worked also and you had to force it with many compatibility patches

Windows 7 is the most friendliest , had the best Compatibility (With all OLD DRM from Safe Disc to Starforce) and the Best Gaming OS to Date ... Win10 is so Bloated with its Spyware telemetry you have to pull out like 3 gigs of Spying data just to make it like Win7 ... and now your forced to use it since new GPus only support WIn10 Driver environment , not to mention no old DRM works on it so your forced to use cracks and HOPE they did the best to crack this game ... and did not used some loophole by using its DRM drivers (like all old Securom 5 and Starforce cracks did)

try OBS or DXtory on your GTX280 system... and like i have told you ... For your card its RECOMMENDED to use DXTORY with Xvid avi capture in 1280x720 capture
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Return to Games Support