Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Looking for PC game ~1998 Top-Down schooting

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Looking for PC game ~1998 Top-Down schooting

Postby candc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi looking for a game that came around 1998. The installation/startup menu was a Drawing of "Spawn" with background music (chiptune). It was a 3D Top-down perspective shooting game. Pretty sure it was a Mod because i searched every "Spawn" game release but no luck. Game was exactly like the game "Alien Swarm" released 2010.
ty
candc

Re: Looking for PC game ~1998 Top-Down schooting

Postby BR4ZIL » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:11 pm

candc wrote:Hi looking for a game that came around 1998. The installation/startup menu was a Drawing of "Spawn" with background music (chiptune). It was a 3D Top-down perspective shooting game. Pretty sure it was a Mod because i searched every "Spawn" game release but no luck. Game was exactly like the game "Alien Swarm" released 2010.
ty

Can you provide more info? was it 3d or 2d? You think the game came out in retail (some "mods" did that back then) and if so, what country? Was the game actually about Spawn or was he just featured in the install (because maybe it was a cracked release)?

Can you think of other games similar to it? Maybe you remember some specific situation from the game?
BR4ZIL

Postby candc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am

BR4ZIL wrote:
candc wrote:Hi looking for a game that came around 1998. The installation/startup menu was a Drawing of "Spawn" with background music (chiptune). It was a 3D Top-down perspective shooting game. Pretty sure it was a Mod because i searched every "Spawn" game release but no luck. Game was exactly like the game "Alien Swarm" released 2010.
ty

Can you provide more info? was it 3d or 2d? You think the game came out in retail (some "mods" did that back then) and if so, what country? Was the game actually about Spawn or was he just featured in the install (because maybe it was a cracked release)?

Can you think of other games similar to it? Maybe you remember some specific situation from the game?

First of all thanks for replying.
I remember it was a 3D-shooting game with a fixed viewpoint (Top-down). And i remember i got the game on a burned disk. So the chances that the startup-menu with the "Spawn" image, was just a crack-menu is fairly high. I searched every "Spawn" game and didn't find the right one that fits the genre. Maybe its not listed. There is a Game called "Alien Swarm" and its looks almost the same.
candc

Postby rihanna » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:43 am

rihanna

Postby BR4ZIL » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 am

Its way older than 1998, but it can also be one of the older Alien Breed games (and its not 3d):

Theres also SCUD Industrial Revolution, which came out in 1997:

Did this game contain aliens? do you remember any of the characters? what was the theme of it? Sadly i am not big on top down shooters, so i dont know that many =/
BR4ZIL

Return to Games Support