Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Who makes old games work?

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Who makes old games work?

Postby mr.editor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 pm

There are some old games I'd love to play but getting those work properly in DosBox or other emulators is often not so easy (for me).
GOG of course does good job making oldies easily playable. But who else? I know Biffman101 and his Collection Chamber.

Let's list similar sites. And if someone takes requests, let's note that as well. :)
mr.editor

Re: Who makes old games work?

Postby annoyment » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 pm

Yer speaking of abandon repacks - AFAIK Russians are active in doing so (and maybe the Spanish from Abandonsocios, but don't hold my word on that :huh: ), some more than others :?: Right off the bat I know there is activity in this regard on old-games.ru, and WERTA is one of the users that gained prominence there in doing so. There is also smallgames.ws and small-games.info with their forte being casuals but also tending to do others. And there is maybe R.G. Mechanics, but I've only seen one title, and that isn't even pre-XP so might not even count. Of course, note the language barrier, and pray that English is included on a per-title basis - 'tis a trade-off, but no complaints as of yet :cool:
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
mr.editor

Return to Games Support