Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ encounter technical issues in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

encounter technical issues in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Postby NATO2000 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 am

Resolution(1920,1080)
Monitor(0)
BPP(24)
FSAA(0)
TexBPP(32)
TextureQuality("High")
Filtering("Anisotropic")
Fullscreen()
Shadows("High")
ShadowMapSize(1024)
Lightmaps()
GammaFloat(0.98)
MaxRefresh(144)
MaterialQuality(0)
FXQuality(3)
FXFadeLevel(2)
WaterQuality(0)
GrassQuality(0)
EnvQuality("FullDynamic")
ShaderPath(3)
Postprocess("Simple")
DisplayDeviceType(0,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000)

-----------------------------------
what dose these 3 settings mean?

FXQuality(3)
FXFadeLevel(2)
EnvQuality("FullDynamic")
Last edited by NATO2000 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATO2000

Re: what dose FXQuality means in Call of Juarez: Bound in Bl

Postby Molitor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:28 pm

FXQuality is... FX Quality. For some games it means the quantity of effects on screen; it might be for instance the amount of fog, mist, smoke...
The other 2, I don't know. Try tuning options in the game itself and see how the config file is affected.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby NATO2000 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Molitor wrote:FXQuality is... FX Quality. For some games it means the quantity of effects on screen; it might be for instance the amount of fog, mist, smoke...
The other 2, I don't know. Try tuning options in the game itself and see how the config file is affected.

hello ,I got new problems!

because GTX280(windows7 x64) only can run 110FPS with high effect ,I decide to use my GTX970M notebook (windows7 x64)to try this game

but,exact the same zip file,same windows7 x64 ,my GTX970M notebook enter game with black screen! you can heard sound,but black screen!

I install this game under English path,and also install the vc2005 and WMFDist11-WindowsXP-X86-ENU.exe and dxwebsetup.exe

so what should I do?
NATO2000

Postby NATO2000 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Molitor wrote:FXQuality is... FX Quality. For some games it means the quantity of effects on screen; it might be for instance the amount of fog, mist, smoke...

and how to modify the weapon damage value to achieve "one shot kill"(after walkthough 5000+games,I found the soul of “one shot kill” of playing style)

there is no simply "weapon. ini" files to modify,if you ask~~~~~

oh,yes there are many TRAINERs for this game(https://gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_call_ ... ez_2.shtml),

but which one support "one shot kill"?

and yes,due to the national firewall ,it is difficult to download/try them one by one ,if you ask.....

thanks you and love you :D
NATO2000

Re: encounter technical issues in Call of Juarez: Bound in B

Postby Molitor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:54 pm

I can't help for the black screen problem, but the "v1.0 +8 TRAINER #2" (BReWErS) listed on GCW claims to have the one shot kill option.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby hfric » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 am

you did patch this game to 1.2 ? worked for me after this ...
Code: Select all
https://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-juarez-bound-in-blood/downloads

in my humble part one was 10x better ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9SlxMDLQY
, still crap but passable hahaha

FXQuality(3) <= amount of foliage (grass , trees etc)
FXFadeLevel(2) <= LOD distance , aka Level of Detail till a set object will vanish or pop-in
EnvQuality("FullDynamic") <= Auto tuning environment detail to keep set refresh ratio that's locked to Fps ratio ... 144fps on GTX280 in 1080p you mad lad haha... more like 900p to get 144fps

and about that Black Screen ... well , first patch the game to 1.1 then to 1.2 then :
- Click the right mouse button on "CoJBiBGame_x86.exe"
- Click on Properties
- Click the "Compatibility" tab
- Select "Windows XP SP3" + "Disable visual themes" + "Disable desktop composition"
- Click "OK"

IF you ask why is that... well, this game has problems with the Aero desktop and WINXP compatibility turns it off ... graphic vendors did also a compatibility fix on theirs side in new graphic drivers so , if this will not work install new drivers for your graphic card ...

oh and like part 1 and 3 and 4 ... they have problems with sound buffering that also can crash your game so you need to set it to DVD quality (16bit 48000Hz)

- Right-click speaker icon in bottom right corner left of time/date
- Click Open Volume Mixer
- Click on Speakers icon
- Click ADVANCED tab.
- Choose DVD quality (16bit 48000Hz)
- Click OK
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby NATO2000 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:59 pm

hfric wrote:you did patch this game to 1.2 ? worked for me after this ...
https://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-juarez-bound-in-blood/downloads

in my humble part one was 10x better ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9SlxMDLQY
, still crap but passable hahaha

FXQuality(3) <= amount of foliage (grass , trees etc)
FXFadeLevel(2) <= LOD distance , aka Level of Detail till a set object will vanish or pop-in
EnvQuality("FullDynamic") <= Auto tuning environment detail to keep set refresh ratio that's locked to Fps ratio ... 144fps on GTX280 in 1080p you mad lad haha... more like 900p to get 144fps

and about that Black Screen ... well , first patch the game to 1.1 then to 1.2 then :
- Click the right mouse button on "CoJBiBGame_x86.exe"
- Click on Properties
- Click the "Compatibility" tab
- Select "Windows XP SP3" + "Disable visual themes" + "Disable desktop composition"
- Click "OK"

IF you ask why is that... well, this game has problems with the Aero desktop and WINXP compatibility turns it off ... graphic vendors did also a compatibility fix on theirs side in new graphic drivers so , if this will not work install new drivers for your graphic card ...

oh and like part 1 and 3 and 4 ... they have problems with sound buffering that also can crash your game so you need to set it to DVD quality (16bit 48000Hz)

- Right-click speaker icon in bottom right corner left of time/date
- Click Open Volume Mixer
- Click on Speakers icon
- Click ADVANCED tab.
- Choose DVD quality (16bit 48000Hz)
- Click OK

MY notebook and desktop PC are using the same windows 7 ,they came from the same OS ISO files
NATO2000

Postby NATO2000 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Molitor wrote:I can't help for the black screen problem, but the "v1.0 +8 TRAINER #2" (BReWErS) listed on GCW claims to have the one shot kill option.

thanks a lot,this will help !
NATO2000

Postby Delacroix » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Also make sure of one thing: that the game actually uses your NVidia card. Laptops have either just one card which is the Intel Graphics chipset or two - the aforementioned IG and the dedicated one which usually is either NVidia or Radeon. BUT in the graphic card's software settings, often the integrated (so Intel) chip is selected by default for energy saving purposes. You must either set up in NVidia settings to use NVidia by default for all apps or make sure CoJ uses it. If it doesn't use it and uses Intel Graphics which is no good for most uses, then I don't have to tell you how bad this is.
Delacroix

Postby NATO2000 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:33 am

Delacroix wrote:Also make sure of one thing: that the game actually uses your NVidia card. Laptops have either just one card which is the Intel Graphics chipset or two - the aforementioned IG and the dedicated one which usually is either NVidia or Radeon. BUT in the graphic card's software settings, often the integrated (so Intel) chip is selected by default for energy saving purposes. You must either set up in NVidia settings to use NVidia by default for all apps or make sure CoJ uses it. If it doesn't use it and uses Intel Graphics which is no good for most uses, then I don't have to tell you how bad this is.

thank you ,but force using NVIDIA CARD is my basic operations
NATO2000

Return to Games Support