Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ HELP! Can't Play The Legacy of Rosemond Hill  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

HELP! Can't Play The Legacy of Rosemond Hill

Postby leighfields » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 am

Hi everyone!

I've been searching for years for a way to play this silly old horse game called "The Legacy of Rosemond Hill" that played on Windows XP. I'd like to play it on my mac. I have a download with the related files, but can't for the life of me get Wine to play it, I keep running into errors. So I'm thinking either the downloaded files I have are boggled or I just don't know how to do it properly.

Download Link:
http://legendsworld.net/adventure/game/10589

I came across this website in my search for an answer. Someone else had opened a topic, something about a buggy download or something. To be honest, I have no idea what this website is. I have no idea who else to ask. I am desperate here, please help a girl out! I will literally pay $ for an answer to this!

I've downloaded Parallels and gotten XP set up there but even that is fighting me, it won't let me open the setup.exe!

Tell me what you need and I'll get it to you. I just need a solution, any solution, please! I'd *love* to play this game again!

Leigh
leighfields

Re: HELP! Can't Play The Legacy of Rosemond Hill

Postby leighfields » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Nevermind - solved!
leighfields

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:14 am

So, how did you solve it?
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby leighfields » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:59 am

Scaryfun wrote:So, how did you solve it?

I ended up using Parallels and an actual disk of the game.

Unfortunately, the game itself even back in the day was extremely unstable and had numerous bugs. As such, I am unable to play the game right now. While I've installed it and it does run, it starts the game and then goes to a black screen, which I very vividly remember happening quite often back then. I posted the "yay, I solved it" post after I got it running, but before I got it playing long enough.

I am still working on finding a solution, but do not have much hope.
leighfields

Re: HELP! Can't Play The Legacy of Rosemond Hill  Topic is solved

Postby leighfields » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:56 pm

Update!

You can play the game flawlessly (thus far) via Bootcamp on your Mac - Windows 10 has a compatibility mode that allows you to play it. Important to note I am playing via disk on an external disk drive.

Hope that helps people trying to play it!

Best,
Leigh
leighfields

Postby lisafehn » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:10 am

Hi.
I have also wanted to play this game for so long, but didnt think it was possible since its so old.
I have windows 10 and downloaded daemon tools lite, but I cant figure out how to install the game.
When i downloaded the .rar file and extracted it I dont know how to mount it to a virtual disc. It have so many files in the rar folder.
I have tried to see if there is a "how to" guide here, but havent found it.
Could someone please point me in the right direction?
lisafehn

Return to Games Support