Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Gundam zaku-da strange installshield problem  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Gundam zaku-da strange installshield problem

Postby myloch » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:11 pm

Gundam zaku-da whines for some data during installation in order to go further and I'm not able to accomplish that...

I think it asks for "company name" (会社名) and "serial number" (シリアル番号). If it's the company name that Windows asks when installing the operating system, I have no company name, but if I don't insert something, the "next" button is greyed out. I wonder if serial number is hidden somewhere in the game box or if it's the windows serial (I have pre-installed OEM windows). Trying to insert values but it doesn't go on, it keeps asking for that. I'm stuck.

And just so you know, It's a typing game.
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Re: Gundam zaku-da strange installshield problem  Topic is solved

Postby annoyment » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:16 pm

Usually for InstallShield the company name can be left blank (or filled with gibberish if required - the IS version shown is too old to have online checks AFAIK), while S/N should be the only thing to matter :!: Currently I've found this online for the serial, give it a try (can't verify if any of those work on either initial or EXP versions) :huh:
Code: Select all
010100071314 (not working?)
nash-sswk-1jsh-3128
8V9T3QTYABN4AJRRM

If none were to be accepted, I'll try my luck with JP P2P and hope to get a TXT file with S/N (and if likely, the accompanying ISO demo) :?
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Re: Gundam zaku-da strange installshield problem

Postby myloch » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:14 am

Only the first one works but it's obviously enough. Thanks! Where did you find this info? Can you post the source please?
myloch

Postby annoyment » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:49 am

:google: "zakuda" "serial" in JP, replacing katakana of "zaku" with ASCII & JASCII along the way :wacko: Then copied what I thought was relevant (being close to the matching terms & structure similar to du67120631759495 or IMS0-SAVE-YOU0-1XHN or 00000-00000-00000-00000-00000) from various BBS' and TXT files and cache versions & pasted that directly here (thus couldn't verify) :!: There are TXT files with S/N collections but those can be hit-or-miss (as in personalized not fully centralized mishmash, nothing sagaoz level for saves), so the best other choice is to sniff if any anon has requested such info - thus I haven't remembered what was from which sauce :roll:
BTW have you triple-checked that box? Reminds me of that one time when I had Trackmania Original, the S/N was just a sticker, I peeled it off and all the characters just flaked out :shock: Stopped caring once I found out it was only for the StarForce portion anyway (and that whatever key found online didn't hinder online play) :lol:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
myloch

Postby myloch » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:29 pm

I checked everywhere and the sticker/serial is definitely not there. It's an ancient used box I bought from a japanese auctioner who was selling en bloc his old games. Maybe it was in some leaflet that went missing.

By the way I added a dump u know where.
myloch

Postby annoyment » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:07 pm

:thanks: for sharing this rarity :!:
:thanks: for using 2448 bytes sectors :x
:thanks: for "making me" realize DTLite 5.0.1 hid the SCSI option behind a paywall after all this time - having to resort to WinCDEmu (which seems to be today's best working mounting tool for modern OS) :cry:
:thanks: for, uh, don't know what else - works flawlessly in W10 :up:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby myloch » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:38 pm

annoyment wrote: :thanks: for using 2448 bytes sectors :x
:twisted: I discovered the existence of mode1/2448 images thanks to InfraRecorder.

annoyment wrote:having to resort to WinCDEmu (which seems to be today's best working mounting tool for modern OS)
It works with poweriso virtual drive manager too, for the record.

annoyment wrote: :thanks: for "making me" realize DTLite 5.0.1 hid the SCSI option behind a paywall after all this time
Am I missing something? Is DTools SCSI mode supposed to properly mount raw 2448 images?
myloch

Postby annoyment » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:48 pm

myloch wrote: :twisted: I discovered the existence of mode1/2448 images thanks to InfraRecorder.

But why/what's the reason to go the CDSpace path when it can only lead from either inconvenience or confusion to exasperation & despondency (unless it's for complete preservation faithfulness, that can be understandably justified) :?:
myloch wrote:Is DTools SCSI mode supposed to properly mount raw 2448 images?

Dunno, was hoping it could do just that, but alas, the mentioned paywall, plus Alcohol 120% being unable to create virtual drives due to mishandling in W10, plus DTLite 10 failing the same due to again W10 (and no, IDE mode failed), led me to just quit on the damn things altogether :(
annoyment

Return to Games Support