Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ R6: Black Ops downloading/installation issues  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

R6: Black Ops downloading/installation issues

Postby hbou102 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:22 am

Hey all. I'm having trouble understanding how to get this game up and running. I have Windows 10 and I know I need to install the separate patch but I'm struggling to understand how to set the whole thing up in the first place. After downloading the game all I'm getting is an ACDSee 9.0 RAR file that comes up blank whenever I open it. It also tells me that the source data format is not recognized at the bottom left of the screen. Can anybody give me a rundown on what steps I need to take or if something's not right? I cant find anything else pertaining to the download and I'm not really that tech savvy so I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks in advance! :)
hbou102

Re: R6: Black Ops downloading/installation issues  Topic is solved

Postby annoyment » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 am

hbou102 wrote:ACDSee 9.0 RAR

For a start, get either WinRAR or 7zip (or both) :| Also replace ACDSee entirely with either XnView or IrfanView (they're far better today) - and BTW never use them for opening archives, it's not their primary purpose :omg:
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
hbou102

Re: R6: Black Ops downloading/installation issues

Postby zobraks » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:37 am

annoyment wrote:replace ACDSee entirely with either XnView or IrfanView (they're far better today)
I'm still using ACDSee 32 v2.3 (from 1998!) on my Windows 7 computer and it works fine and has all the functions I need.
zobraks

Re: R6: Black Ops downloading/installation issues

Postby hbou102 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 pm

WinRar did the trick! I'm trying to get this to run on Windows 10 but I have everything I need installed so I'm pretty sure I can figure the rest out. It'll be nice to be able to play this again after nearly a decade haha. Thanks again! :D
hbou102

Return to Games Support