Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Killing Time editor?

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Killing Time editor?

Postby InsaneFury » Wed May 25, 2005 1:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone would know where to locate some resource editor for the "Killing Time" shooter? I am interested in ripping the sounds and sprites to be used in some other project. I tried the wad editor XWE, but it doesn't seem to support the files.

The fact that the engine seems to be a custom one (i.e. not a Build- or Doom-clone) and somewhat obsolete, makes that I haven't been able to find any resource rippers for it. All I managed was to extract several WAV files using a general resource ripper (RIPPER5), though I'm more looking forward to the sprites. Any help on this is greatly appreciated! :)

Oh, the game consists of a big KILLTIME.REZ file btw. It shouldn't be similar to the Lithtech REZ files I think... ;)

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby loki1985 » Wed May 25, 2005 1:41 pm

correct, is not related to LithTech....

i will take a look at the file when i come come... maybe i can give you some information. does the file have some sort of index?
loki1985

Postby InsaneFury » Thu May 26, 2005 11:08 am

loki1985 wrote:Does the file have some sort of index?
I honestly have no clue. I'd think so though, how else would the game be able to locate the resources in it? :)

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby loki1985 » Tue May 31, 2005 9:09 am

ok, the game *has* a numerical index, just without filenames. that means the files are enumerated correspoding to some internal data list, or an internal file list. since i cannot tell the files type from the index, it is hard to figure out. all files appended are non-standard, i.e. self-defined formats, no standard ressource files like WAVE or image data is found.... looks bad.

best would be to ask for the sourcecode ;)
loki1985

Return to Games Support