Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ TerraNova exit problem after briefing

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

TerraNova exit problem after briefing

Postby Joeyxp2 » Wed May 25, 2005 8:47 pm

The problem is with an FPS game called TerraNova: Strike Force Centauri for Dos and I am using a Dos emulator called DOSBox 0.63 along with a frontend called D-Fend V2. I set all defaults, unzipped the game and addon sound pack. After that I entered Setup configured the sound and music drivers for the game. Everything is working fine, the sound and music in the game. But when I get to the briefing and click the exit button the game closes.

After I click the exit button at the briefing the game closes.

I have unzipped the addon sound pack already in Terranova. It is working correctly and I have enable sound and music not that it matters because even though I disabled both the game would still exit.

I got a problem with the game after I go through the mission briefing and press forward it exits out and tells me:

ERROR: Couldn't init Player PBA object data!
Crash Code: 46

The crash was still in DOS so it did not exit to Windows. I am using Windows XP SP2 and 3 Ghz PC with a Intel on-board graphics card. I downloaded the game here and tried to follow the instructions that was on the Hybrid.nfo. This game is a CD-rip. The problem happens at the briefing which is obviously in-game after exiting.
I have already tried SFV check and it could not find any errors.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby Scaryfun » Wed May 25, 2005 9:53 pm

:google:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45416

Someone looks to have made something specifically for running Terra Nova also on XP -
http://sol.planet-d.net/solvbe.html

Hope something works for you.

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Joeyxp2 » Wed May 25, 2005 10:35 pm

I do not think this is the matter of getting the game to run but the game itself is corrupted or settings because I can run the game fine. I just want to be able to get past the briefing.

Just found out that the French version from that other French abandonware site works and it does not get the error. Now, I know that the one here has to be corrupted or something.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby Scaryfun » Wed May 25, 2005 11:07 pm

Hmmm weird...I thought I read in one of those links that person had same problem of game crashing after intro too.
But if that other download works then good.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Joeyxp2 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:19 am

But the thing is I can not understand what the people are saying because it is in French. That really ruins the atmosphere of the game. There is one more link and that is the one at kmzpub but it seems like the download isn't functioning. Is there a way to have english language for the voices?
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby Joeyxp2 » Thu May 26, 2005 4:32 am

I may have found out the reason the version here isn't working and that is because the english version is using v1.08. The french version I am playing is v1.09 as it shows when I'm starting it up. Do you know where I can get an update patch for Terranova v1.08 to update to 1.09. I posted again because I wanted you to come look at my post.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby Joeyxp2 » Thu May 26, 2005 11:02 pm

Scaryfun, do you know where I can get a later version or updates for Terra Nova? I really need to know because I do not really know French that much. If I had an update patch I could update to v1.09 to get the English version to work.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby Joeyxp2 » Fri May 27, 2005 4:09 am

All I need is a patch to update my Terra Nova to version 1.09 and everything should work. Scaryfun, can you please direct me to a site with a download link? I am real desparate to give Terra Nova a try in English.

I have just found out that even when I patched it it still got that same error. I really don't know what to do now. I can only play the French version.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Postby Scaryfun » Fri May 27, 2005 6:01 am

So why not copy the English sound files to use in the French rip?

I don't think patching the game will work as it's cracked already and patches don't work on cracked games usually unless you have the original game exes and such.

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Joeyxp2 » Sat May 28, 2005 7:18 am

Never mind, I have downloaded Terra Nova English from another place and it works perfectly. Didn't have to patch or do anything to it except add the sound add-on into it.
Joeyxp2
Advanced Member

Return to Games Support