Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ CSI Crime Scene Investigation (2003) - Not working on Win 7  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

CSI Crime Scene Investigation (2003) - Not working on Win 7

Postby Abandoned Witch XI » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:00 am

Abandoned Witch here and I am having problems with the first CSI game running on Windows 7. Because I am a fan of the CSI series from 2000/2001-2010 including Miami and NY, I want to experience joining the CSI team in video game form written by the show's writers, so I got the first three games (CSI 2003, Dark Motives and Miami), and installed the first game (I also installed quicktime because it is needed) and when I run it goes to a black screen. Any solutions for running the CSI games on windows 7?
I am the Abandoned Witch XI, ready to save the new age, and I would return someday.
Abandoned Witch XI

Re: CSI Crime Scene Investigation (2003) - Not working on Wi  Topic is solved

Postby hfric » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 pm

This game is a DirectX 8.1 game so try to install it or Dx9c and give it a try ... if that fails know this game was made for Windows 98 , with compatibility for win ME\Xp (aka it works, but crashes in the worst spots) ... so WinXP-SP2 compatibility mode with reinstalled dx8.1+Dx9c ... of VM with Win98 (or a PC that its CPU\GPU is supported in Win98)

IF you ask ... wait its a 2003 game , why it was made for win98 ... ask Ubisoft , since this game was one of theirs budget titles ... theirs aim was to make it work on the worst of PCs\Laptops that still had Win98 ...

IF you want a ghetto hacked VM with Win98 got to
Code: Select all
collectionchamber.blogspot.com

get one of his Win98 packs with a fully working game , remove the game ,make the Win98 VM machine your own for games
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Re: CSI Crime Scene Investigation (2003) - Not working on Wi

Postby Abandoned Witch XI » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:05 am

Apparently the early CSI games runs on an older version of Macromedia Director Player, that's why it doesn't work on newer hardware.
I am the Abandoned Witch XI, ready to save the new age, and I would return someday.
Abandoned Witch XI

Re: CSI Crime Scene Investigation (2003) - Not working on Wi

Postby hfric » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:24 pm

odd , since in my case i had to only install Dx8.1 on win7 and play in Winxp SP2 compatibility ... could be also i have heck ton of old drivers on this machine ... Have you tried installing Shockwave Slim with Adobe Flash and dotNetFx40 Full x86 x64 ... the magic of Windows ... drivers :lol:
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Return to Games Support