Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Sacourge of armagon instalation conflict

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Sacourge of armagon instalation conflict

Postby Juan-Ra » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:43 am

I have the original quake CD but is damagge and can install from here. I download the game but this file don't need a instalation. The instalation program in Sacourge of armagon need find c:\quake I change the name but not work. Put the coplete archive in my quake folder is a little risky.

Thanks
Juan-Ra
Juan-Ra

Postby NE0 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:28 pm

Well from what i understand you got a damaged quake cd and you want to install this addon right?
Well download Quake here on 3DSL and then unpack this addon in the folder where you unpacked Quake (eg: c:\games\quake) that should work. Remember Scourge of Armagon is an addon not a standalone game :)
You've always been your worst enemy...
NE0

Program close

Postby Juan-Ra » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:09 pm

Thanks for your help NeoRAGERx, but the program _ins0432 close the instalation proces. I change the name of the file to C:\games\quake and unpacked all files in the same folder.

I think if is posible install quake that problem don't hapen. Sacourge of armagon continue try to find the instalation file of quake. I wish exist other solution to this conflict.

Thanks
Juan-Ra
Juan-Ra

Postby NE0 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:28 pm

did u downloaded the quake version that is on this site? is just 20mb and unpack it to that folder then unpack scourge of armagon and you're set...no need for instalation and other stuff.
NE0

Postby Juan-Ra » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:19 pm

Hi

I need help to play Sacourge of armagon. I descompresed all the files of Quake and Sacourge of armagon in the same folder but I can play. What happen? I try to move the Icon of Sacourge to the launch Quake icon and the mesagge is can not load Gfx.wad. I have GFXWAD but this is not the problem. For oyher some reason the game can't launch.

Thanks

Juan-Ra
Juan-Ra

Postby NE0 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:18 pm

isn't there a .BAT file for Scourge of Armagon ?
I think quake -game hipnotic will do the job, copy that and put it in a txt file and save it as armagon.bat, i don't recall very well and im too lazy to check now :)
NE0

Postby Juan-Ra » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:18 pm

Thanks for the tip, but can't solve the conflict. The Quake .bat file is linked to quakeudp.dll. The new armagon.bat launch Quake in Quake folder. In hipnitic folder can't work.

Juan-Ra
Juan-Ra

Return to Games Support