Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ psychotoxic questions  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

psychotoxic questions

Postby houss1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:07 pm

helllo :D ,i am downloading the game the reloaded version and tell me should i apply the no cd fix or just using the reloaded crack ?can i apply patch 1.04 on reloaded version ?
houss1

Re: psychotoxic questions

Postby Terje_P » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:10 pm

The Reloaded version is already patched to v1.05 (?) or was it v1.04.

I would only try that experimental Russian crack if you are having issues. You will need to overwrite the files with the files from that EN folder included in the archive to get the game into English again.

The crash at the very end of the game is still not fixed, this is how I far I got in the Russian version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQA3xCkpLDc

There are also some loader based cracks for the game floating around on gamecopyworld.com. I believe those are for the CD version, but they wont work in a modern OS, as they rely on the starforce driver being installed.

The video codec for the game might also be flagged as a virus by your AV when installing the game.
Terje_P

Postby houss1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:35 pm

should i install normally the reloaded version normally ?do you test it ? i dont to play the russian version because i don't understand a word
houss1

Postby Terje_P » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:38 pm

Install normally.
Terje_P

The following user would like to thank Terje_P for this post
houss1

Postby houss1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:49 pm

thanks for replies ,i hope it works on win 10 or 8.1
houss1

Postby Terje_P » Sat May 01, 2021 2:12 am

Retail disc dump Starforce profile DVD version (1.05), as I'm not sure if the version on the site is a proper clone.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Same crash issue when using the Reloaded crack though in the "Flight" level.

The particular version of starforce seems to have some strong VM detect shit built in, so I'm not able to vertify the validity of the image. All my VMs give the warning below, even with the physcial disc passed trough with VMWARE. So I think starforce is detecting my VM rather than an OS compatibility issue.
https://i.ibb.co/R7NjXNn/untitled.png

The warning from the CODEC is no longer there for some reason :huh: If anyone have a real XP machine I would really appreciate if they could take a look. As I believe I should get some other message when it actually tries to check the disc.

It still gets detected in many AVs, so MS may have updated their definitions, or I made some system changes.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b38 ... /detection

https://i.ibb.co/NC06xzm/Untitled.jpg

I'm going to bed, don't expect the game to be playable to completion anytime soon. Maybe someone will make a RU/EN repack someday. :lol:
Terje_P

Postby annoyment » Sat May 01, 2021 7:02 am

Terje_P wrote:The particular version of starforce seems to have some strong VM detect shit built in

https://www.legendsworld.net/webroot/ph ... 180#p82199
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
Terje_P

Postby Terje_P » Sat May 01, 2021 11:57 am

Thank you that got me into the game in XP at least. It still crashes when running the original dvd from my physcial optical drive in the flight level. About the same place as when I tried to use the crack.

Fix for Windows XP VM, the file should be inside the folder for you particular VM.

HIDE: ON
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

Will see if I can get the game to boot with my image next. Yeah, got it to boot when mounted to my physcial drive. So I can confirm that even legit customers got fudge over. Don't bother wasting time on this game :lol: Maybe I should check the cd version next, now that I can actually run the game in a VM with the starforce protection active.

I have attached the serial if anyone else wants to waste their time, the actual pressed copy of the game is fubar.

As for what image emulation software and third party tools is needed to beat the protection on a real XP machine i'm not sure. The 3CD release is asking for a serial which I dont have, didnt see any provided either, instructions make no mention of a serial. Maybe the fact that I installed the DVD version first screwed with something. (EDIT: This bug will only happen if you install the DVD version first)

Yeah, if you install the DVD version first it will screw up your OS/game install, and you wont be able to run the CD version :lol: Startforce really is a piece of shit protection. Well it is doing its job I guess. Just played that cursed Flight level in Windows XP VMWARE using the v1.0 CD version and image emulation, and I actually finished the whole level without a crash :D Used the skip level cheat to get to it, incase the actual savefiles were corrupt in some way.

So if you want to play the game to completion, use a real XP machine, image emulation and the 3CD release v1.0 of the game. Dont install the DVD version first as that will screw with the game install/starforce protection. So someone needs to make a crack for modern OS out of the 3CD release and hope that any of the official patches don't break the game again. Ideally you would make a crack from scratch with the lastet patch which I believe is 1.04 for the CD release. The 1.05 release seems to be exclusive to the DVD version.

Image emulation also works with the 1.04 patch in Windows XP. The performance seems to have taken a hit though, but I'm playing in a VM so the performance is a little bit shit anyway. Played trough the same flight level again.

Update:

What the hell is happening. In a clean Windows 10 VM installing the 3CD version, the 1.04 patch and the Russian crack, the game no longer crashes in the flight level. Used the savefiles from my XP VM. Installing the patch may not be nescarry, as I believe the files are already included in the crack. I think I'm going insane from this game.

Save files:
https://gofile.io/d/tWRkXc
Last edited by Terje_P on Sat May 01, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terje_P

The following user would like to thank Terje_P for this post
annoyment

Re: psychotoxic questions  Topic is solved

Postby houss1 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:00 pm

the game worked for me with reloaded version it is good :) but the video keeps flashs so i skipping them also ingame it is bad for my eyes
houss1

Postby Terje_P » Sat May 01, 2021 5:35 pm

It will work until the flight level, you will either drown in the water as soon as you start the level, or the game will crash in the same level if you use the savefiles that were on the internet. (This applies to the reloaded DVD version)

Believe me I have tried.

I'm now playing the game in Windows 10 with the savefiles that I made in a VM and a Russian crack. There is a slight error in the Russian patch/crack in that the fps limiter is set to wrong values by default it looks like. It also dont seem to work as intended in Windows 10, so set them to 0.

You will want to leave Tearing=1 on though, this will disable subtitles, but at least you wont be having a stroke. You may want to still cap the game with Rivatuner or in your GPU control panel. This will increase load times though.

May have been a little fast on the trigger with that video playback fix, so I think it can be removed. I believe the fix is aimed at another game.

As when I installed the old codec which for some reason Windows defender no longer gets angry about works, although they will flicker pretty bad without Tearing=1.
Terje_P

Return to Games Support