Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Outcast Hi Res Pak

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Outcast Hi Res Pak

Postby Maritimesea » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:19 am

O.k., I guess I'm just thick, but I can't figure out what to do with the hi res addon on for Outcast. The nfo says to just extract them to the Outcast directory but all the files for Outcast hi res.rar parts 00 to 05 are the same, so when I attempt to extract them to the main outcast folder Winrar obviously asks me if I want to overright the files from say part 01 with the files from part 02, etc.

So obviously I'm not getting it, can someone help please.
Maritimesea

Postby Scaryfun » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:42 pm

Only click on the rar file and extract to your Outcast directory.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby Maritimesea » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:27 pm

Thanks for answering Scaryfun.

So, if I understand you, I just extract outcast_hi_res.rar\outcast_hi_res - solid RAR volume, unpacked size 40,430,558 bytes to the main Outcast directory and that's it? Well what are the outcast_hi_res.r00 thru .r05 for?

I guess I've been rather spoiled with most of the rips I've managed to get my hands on usually either from Class or Myth and I've had really no experience stitching split rar archives back together. Is that what this is, a split archive? In any case I'll just do what you suggested and see what happens. Thanks again.
Maritimesea

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:34 am

Oh, hehe.... usually rip groups will have each file as a zip, in that case each would have to be extracted. Then that results in rar or ace files for which you only extract the first file (ace or rar in this case). r00,ro1,etc. are just smaller parts of the rar that are broken up into small parts for ease of uploading and to correct any damaged parts if necessary.

Hope that explains it. Just go ahead with what I wrote in previous post. :up:

Scaryfun.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to Games Support