Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Dosbox-Daum with Win95

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Dosbox-Daum with Win95

Postby Ggoran » Wed May 19, 2021 8:25 am

Hi Everyone!
I have been advised (twice for now) that if I want to play Win95 games via Dosbox-daum (with the possibility to save state) to download a game from "Biffman" and rearrange files.I.e. to insert data from my game and exclude from his which is easy at first glance. However, in my case of severe ignorance of this type of tweaking i realized in the end that I will never be able to make a configuration (with this knowledge...or brain maybe) on my own. I easily install Win95 and 98 on the dosbox,and games work great,but as soon as i try to save state,dosbox crashes immediately,so what i did (my "life work") is one big nothing at the end ...

So please help!
If someone has a configured Dosbox-daum with Win95+Virtual CD,and that can save the state without crashing to share it with me,and with all players who play like me those old weird adventures with a bunch of arcade elements and time constraints...User rastan saga has already set some links,but is no longer available for download (dead)

I will be immensely grateful because this seems to be the crucial thing,and last one i need to play old games...but simply i can't deal with it on my own!

Thanks in advance for help,or any kind of answer!

PS - Excuse my Google Translate for bad English. :blush:
Ggoran

Re: Dosbox-Daum with Win95

Postby rastan saga » Wed May 19, 2021 11:27 pm

You can only use the save state feature in DOS-based games. The save state is useless for any Win 95-98 game. I tried it and saw it didn't work. I don't know if there are in new Dosbox-daum versions, not include in my version.

Here is DosboxDaum for only Dos games with save state ( Alt+F5 QS and Alt+F9 QL ):
https://s6.dosya.tc/server2/5vpem9/Ms_Dos.7z.html

Here is DosboxDaum+Win 95+PCem for Win 95 games without save state:
https://www.dosya.tc/server34/w5xjjc/PcEmulator.7z.html
rastan saga

The following user would like to thank rastan saga for this post
Ggoran

Postby Ggoran » Thu May 20, 2021 4:55 am

Thanks a lot rastan saga for help!

If you're right then it really doesn't make sense to play Windows games on Dosbox since Wmvare workstation can also save states (but not as fast and efficiently
as dosbox-daum does).What I’ve noticed with Biffman’s games is that Windows games won’t crash when you hit ALF + F5,F9 (at least not few ones I tested),
and that means there is some way to sort out such things.... but I personally believe it is more domain for more experienced users of dos commands,and ways to
properly combine data from Windows games with it (and Biffman definitively rules) .... Anyway thanksagain for help! At least now i see that i didn't mess up
things,but that i simply don't have enough knowledge.

Have a nice day!
Ggoran

Postby Ggoran » Thu May 20, 2021 7:13 am

MAN!!! Your emulator works stably and perfectly, and
It seems to me now that you are right, because now I have tested Biffman's game "Enemy infestation" and when I try to save state it says in the dosbox "stopped.200 MB is the maximum size for saving / loading states", and same writes when I insert some Windows game in your emulator. I probably tested some of his DOS games,since they worked. (Plan 9 from Outer space works but it's a dos game) ... "Realms of Haunting" works for me too, but it's probably for dos too ..Now it seems also to me that it's impossible to save state, but I still have to inquire because I was suggested that it is possible ... so I will ask that person then ... and how can it be ?!

Cheers!

PS - Hell of the work is that emulator! :thanks:
Ggoran

Postby NATO2000 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:19 am

dosbox is my next move
NATO2000

Return to Games Support