Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ A negative report on A4 V7M mouse

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

A negative report on A4 V7M mouse

Postby NATO2000 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:11 am

Today I purchased an A4 V7M mouse. I have completed a series of quick tests on it.

The purpose of the test is to prove whether A4 V7M can solve the mouse problem in FPS games.

The test game only selected 2 models: "Conspiracy: Weapons of Mass Destruction" and "Operation Flashpoint 1.96"

The mouse driver has been installed and all hidden functions have been activated.

The mouse sensitivity and other parameters are adjusted to the highest performance.

Result: There is no improvement in games that are born with mouse control problems.

For delay, dead zone, etc., there is no obvious advantage compared to Logitech G102S.

The so-called 1ms response speed refers to the feedback speed of the mouse button jog, but in the A4 test software, the button response speed is defeated by the G102S

The only bright spot is that the A4 can adjust the sensitivity of the X and Y axes separately, which may be useful for some games that are born with inconsistent XY axis mouse sensitivity.

When I posted this post, I was listening to the BGM music of SAS AntiTerrorForce. Maybe, 20 years later, someone will solve his mouse control problem.

May the legendsworld be with us。
NATO2000

Re: A negative report on A4 V7M mouse

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:28 am

I bought a G502SE a couple years ago... was on sale but still the most expensive mouse i've gotten. I used to buy only cheap ones before. After a year, the left button started to malfunction so I switched functions to the right button. Now after two years, it's also double-clicking. I have a feeling discounted products are the ones that have problems... though i did check reviews that said it was good.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby NATO2000 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:38 am

Scaryfun wrote:I bought a G502SE a couple years ago... was on sale but still the most expensive mouse i've gotten. I used to buy only cheap ones before. After a year, the left button started to malfunction so I switched functions to the right button. Now after two years, it's also double-clicking. I have a feeling discounted products are the ones that have problems... though i did check reviews that said it was good.

Oh, the only pain point of the Logitech mouse is its poor durability. After I had a double-click problem with the mouse, I asked a friend to help replace the buttons, which cost $0.60.
This way you can play happily for several years.
In Chinese internet slang, "Click and fight for another ten years."
NATO2000

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:28 am

Ah, good to know, thanks. If it becomes unusable, i'll try. I might break it, but who knows.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby hfric » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:27 pm

hmmm , never had a issue with my a4 v7m ... it sounds more like a mouse with too high usb pooling issue NATO that slows down a CPU (and the game at the same time) ... in other words, the faster FPS accurate response you want from your mouse ... then you give it more mouse polling, like 1000Hz or 2000Hz... but the higher the HZ aka pooling rate , the more CPU cycles it will eat when you move your mouse around ... in hard cases it can even use 25% to 45% of your CPU , this is the sad truth about USB devices ... theirs move speed has to be retranslated to the CPU ... PS\2 Keyboard and Mouses did not slowed down your CPU cycles if you used them like USB devices do , use the Bloody Software to slow down your pooling rate if the mouse eats too much CPU ( and slows down your game when the CPU can't handle its high pooling rate )

For Dos games you have to be on 250Hz if you got above ... well the CPU\Game will not handle your mouse pooling , even disconnect the mouse and its move speed (a fine example is the Dos FPS game "Cyclones' ) ... i use 125Hz to lower the Cpu usage and have no hick ups when playing games (even on a treadripper you can hammer the Cpu to a crawl speeds when you set too high poling rates) ... in other words your GTX970M laptop CPU does not like high pooling rates and craps on you :lol: slowing all , when seeing this high performance mouse that can do even 1400Hz when you tweak it a bit ...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby hfric » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:43 pm

In simple terms : Experiment what pooling rates your CPU can handle , before it will eat too much of your CPU cycles... slowing your Laptop ...micro-disconnecting your USB mouse, to have sanity to the Cpu ... aka "stuttering" that many PC Gamers get, forgetting is from theirs USB devices that have too high pooling rates ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Return to Games Support