Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ limebite support thread

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

limebite support thread

Postby limebite » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:14 am

Likely won't have any unique titles to share but below is a list of things I've privately worked on

Little Robots - Making Friends [2003] [BBC] [cleaned]
Toybox - Games Collection [2003] [BBC] [cleaned, icon swap]

or in html format
https://cdn-129.anonfiles.com/xcx400E4y ... n_list.htm
(note: this hotlink will keep changing)

=======================================

What is a cleaned exe?

Software program that is either inflated or unwrapped. For example, SecuRom (encrypted) or PEtite (compressed).

Likely scene releases or independent P2P ones are valid and good, but small unimportant details are missed in haste or not understood during the release. Modded without explanation. Or small variations were thrown away as later drm-free versions were used instead.

Only posting ones that I worked on and for academic reasons, but sometimes compatibility or minor fixes also. My goal isn't to restore a pure virgin or original 1:1 reproduction of the developer's exe but something resembling one. So CD checks may still be alive, as a jmp - nop doesn't reflect an authentic program but a hacked one.

For most of most people, this extra polishing has zero effect or importance. It's an odd hobby of mine of documenting things so they are not forgotten, or before nobody is left with the skill to recover programs in a more unmodified state.

My technique is limited though to older protections. Powerful algorithms like SecuRom 7, Tages, StarForce, SolidShield are beyond my knowledge. Heard it's very incredibly time consuming to fully unpack and restore elite-level commercial packers, meaning the virtual machine and security drivers are physically destroyed from the exe.
limebite

The following user would like to thank limebite for this post
Scaryfun, sparklot

Re: limebite support thread

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:40 am

Thanks for your work on these and for sharing them with us. 8)
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to Games Support