Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Question about "Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon"

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Question about "Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon"

Postby Mister_Headcrab » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:40 am

Hello comrades, hope you're all doing great!

Turns out I just downloaded the above-mentioned game (the one uploaded by the excellent Egon68); however, my antivirus (Malwarebytes)
is telling me there's malware around the crack that is bundled with the ISO:

Is this an actual threat or just a false-positive? I'd really appreciate your comments on this.

Thanks!
Mister Headcrab
MasteromaN wrote:Get out of this place if you don't like it.

Don't worry, we don't like you either.
Mister_Headcrab

Re: Question about "Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon"

Postby hfric » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:29 pm

ehm ... Game companies work with Antivirus programs that add theirs hash to its database ... simple as that ... since common folk are not tech savy this days to exclude crack files form data bases (even Site Certificates)... like in new Win10 update and Win11 , Windows Defender is now super OP and deletes all files without your consent ... even if they are excluded ... spiting false info, they "Removed files that would not make the OS boot" ...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby Mister_Headcrab » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:41 pm

Thanks for replying.
So, the files in question (DLLs) are safe to install, right?
Mister Headcrab

Mister_Headcrab

Postby Ali Akbar » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:21 am

Cracks are 99% of the time false positives (the 1% being the ones you download from shady/weird websites, if you want to know where to get and not to get safe game releases/cracks I would recommend looking here), and if you downloaded them from here, then 100% of the time. And since you got this game and its crack from here (Uploaded by Egon68 on The Awesome LegendsWorld), so yes, infinity percent safe to install. :up: :)

hfric wrote:like in new Win10 update and Win11 , Windows Defender is now super OP and deletes all files without your consent ... even if they are excluded ... spiting false info Removed files that would not make the OS boot" ...
When i bought my laptop, yeah that happened a few times, but I somehow disabled it, so now even though it is technically running (Could not disable realtime protection), it is not bothering me or scanning any files so far.
Ali Akbar

The following user would like to thank Ali Akbar for this post
Mister_Headcrab

Postby hfric » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:18 pm

Yup , haha... that long explanation ... and yeah , those dll are safe they are the" Uplay Emulator" that emulates the Ubisoft DRM server ... its on any Ubisoft titles, starting with Assassin Creed 2 that used it first ... but now all Ubisoft titles will be more harder to play since they want to make them a Live Service and remake Uplay (that is hacked to hell and back with a local emu server) as Ubi Connect youtube.com/watch?v=k4CBW7G0AYc
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
Ali Akbar, Mister_Headcrab

Postby Mister_Headcrab » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:38 am

Thanks a lot for your comments! :up:

hfric wrote:Yup , haha... that long explanation ... and yeah , those dll are safe they are the" Uplay Emulator" that emulates the Ubisoft DRM server ... its on any Ubisoft titles, starting with Assassin Creed 2 that used it first ... but now all Ubisoft titles will be more harder to play since they want to make them a Live Service and remake Uplay (that is hacked to hell and back with a local emu server) as Ubi Connect youtube.com/watch?v=k4CBW7G0AYc

Ubisoft has become really well known for showing no respect for their customers (just take a look at the huge amount of complaints around the web). As a matter of fact, it's totally outrageous that they're still selling Far Cry 5 (a game that was officially released in 2018) on Steam bundled with 4 layers of DRM! (including that piece of junk called Denuvo).
I believe game developers deserve our support, but Ubisoft certainly does not deserve my money.

Thanks again lads. :thanks:
Mister Headcrab

Mister_Headcrab

Return to Games Support