Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Quake 2 Mission Pack: Ground Zero installation

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Quake 2 Mission Pack: Ground Zero installation

Postby GreatWasabi » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:37 pm

I've been having trouble installing Q2 MP: Ground Zero...where do you put it? The files had no documentation on how to set it up for play.
GreatWasabi

Postby Narfous » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:00 pm

The setup prompts for it to install into your Quake 2 folder usually, but if the setup malfunctions, just copy the files inside the "data" folder into a folder called Rogue in the Quake 2 folder. Then run the game with:

quake2 +game rogue -rogue

and you should be good :D
Narfous

Postby GreatWasabi » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:05 am

Okay, thanks. :) I got it from 3DSL, but there wasn't a file telling me where to put the files and how to run it. I can't get my Q2 to install anyways right now...I got it from Kazaa and the Setup EXE says the version isn't meant for my region... XP I live in North America, so I don't know what it means. I haven't tried to download the 3DSL Quake 2 yet...does it work?
GreatWasabi

Re: Quake 2 Mission Pack: Ground Zero installation

Postby nestlesux » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:07 pm

GreatWasabi wrote:I've been having trouble installing Q2 MP: Ground Zero...where do you put it? The files had no documentation on how to set it up for play.

Here's a guide on how to get ground zero to work a very helpful person once sent me. It was for an upload I made but didn't have install directions to.

Code: Select all
First make sure the quake 2 dir is c:\quake2 and the ground zero dir is c:\q2mpzero.
Now find the pak file in the quake 2 baseq2 folder that is 175 megs and rename it pak0.pak.
Now rename the pak file in the q2mpzero baseq2 folder that is 104 megs to pak3.pak and move both the files into the the q2mpzero baseq2 folder.
You should now have the following pak files in the c:\q2mpzero\baseq2:

pak0.pak 175megs
pak1.pak 12.3megs
pak2.pak 43.9 KB
pak3.pak 104 megs

And before you start a game you must bring down the console to get all the new weapons and texture to work.

This technical tutorial was written by |Ryan|.

Thank you very much for the assistance |Ryan|!!

Peace!
Who Watches the Watchers?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
nestlesux

Postby Narfous » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:27 pm

Heh that's the lazy, crap way. I wouldn't recommend that.

Usually Quake2 addons work as a subdirectory in the Quake2 folder, so you'll only need to stick the mission pack files in their appropriate directories (Mission pack 1 goes in Xatrix, 2 goes in Rogue), and is ran with a command line parameter.
Narfous

Return to Games Support