Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ silent hill 2 freezes on "lakeview hotel" episode.

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

silent hill 2 freezes on "lakeview hotel" episode.

Postby abhi_kum » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:41 am

hi,
i downloaded the silent hill 2 recently (game+movie+music addons), and it is running fine till the point where our hero pick up the "fish key" from the restaurant in the "lakeview hotel" episode. As soon as I try to return back towards the door the movie sequence starts, and within seconds the game freezes.
I downloaded the "Bink video player" and played all the movies files present in the movie folder, but none of the movie seemed to fit the scenario.
To me it seems that some movie file is missing.Can anyone suggest how can I overcome this problem (by posting the correct movie file or at least telling me the name of all movie files in the movie folder) or am i missing something.

:cool:
TIA.
abhi_kum

Postby abhi_kum » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:58 am

hi all,
i am still still stuck on the same scene :x
and since nobody has replied i am assuming i am the only person facing the problem.... :shock:
so in that case can anybody upload the save file just after the fish-key has been picked up by our hero and the cutscene is over and our hero is out from the restaurant.

TIA.
abhi_kum

Postby Scaryfun » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:24 pm

I think Atomic Potato hasn't been here since you posted...
I checked the ISO discs and this post lists all the biks -
http://www.jgames.net/Display.asp?RootID=17943

As the nfos states, the E3 videos are not included which are -
sh2e3.bik
sh3e3.bik
sh3tgs.bik

All others are there in compressed form.

Do you have a GeForce FX card perchance....there's a patch for bug on here - http://www.3dgamers.com/games/silenthill2/downloads/
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby abhi_kum » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:29 pm

thanks for the reply,
I cross-checked the movie file names that i have with the one listed on the site "http://www.jgames.net/Display.asp?RootID=17943", and all the 21 movie names match. So we can overrule the possibility of missing movie files.
I am not using GForce FX as i have a integrated intel chipset :(
morever i looked into the fix details, and it was when the movies and text are not getting displayed properly on FX cards.

Scaryfun, can you or someone else do me a favour by uploading the save game file, after the fish-key has been picked up and the hero is out of the restaurant.

TIA.
abhi_kum

Postby wakefield » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:43 am

You can find a game save file here http://www.gamewinners.com/pcsave.php?f ... thill2.zip

There is many save points in that file,not sure about the save you need it :huh:
wakefield

Postby contrasena » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:48 am

Thx!!!! I´m downloading the game right now, so i may need your tips soon. I`m sorry for my poor english :D
contrasena

Postby sick0 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:54 pm

sorry for reviving this old thread but im in the process of downloading this game and this is huge and im still on crappy dial-up...

so my question is, does the problem posted by the OP gets resolved or is he the only one that experienced that bug?

or is there anyone here actually tried and successfully played that game without experiencing that bug?

thanks...
sick0

Return to Games Support